“Don't expect too much”

Ranked #55 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Louisville, Kentucky
“Don't expect too much”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We arrived after a long drive and needed a place that accepted pets. The first room we got had a tv that did not work. The second room was on the first floor (much better than the second) - the tv worked but the remote did not. Beds were very hard. Don't expect a white robe hanging in the closet. This is not the best neighborhood. It was OK for one night, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Louisvillenick
abvirichmond01, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered during your recent stay. If possible, could you please provide us with more details regarding your stay such as the room number etc? All claims will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken. Please contact me directly to discuss the issue further.

Americas Best Value Inn-Richmond, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Shocking that I use ABV Inn across the US and this was the 1st I have heard of no weekly rates. My company uses hotels frequently and I am disappointed with your front desk and their short cold answers. The first words out her mouth is NO with no explanation of any sort. Asked to speak with the hotel manager "NO" asked what are the weekly rates "NO". I guess I should of asked do you recommend anyone staying here and I would of got the correct answer "NO".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank G P
abvirichmond01, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered but we have are motel policy no weekly rate because some customers who stayed weekly before messed up the rooms and broke the furnitures. I apologize on behalf of the front desk clerk who didn't explained you why we don't rent rooms by week.

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Not too many choices in the part of Richmond, so we booked this to be close to the VA, where a family member was having surgery. Almost backed out, when we saw the glass booth and locks on the office area. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean, but the bathroom was horid. Tthe towels were so thin that you could read through them. In addition, they did not clean the room the next morning or bring fresh towels. The guy in the office did not understand English and brough us two bath mats for towels. Area is seedy -- did not feel safe. Was happy to leave. Price was cheap -- so I guess we got our money's worth.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Debra D
abvirichmond01, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I'm concerned about the multiple issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.

Americas Best Value Inn
Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I booked this hotel for 2 nights but only stayed 1 night, the hotel room stunk, pictures were stolen off the wall, and when the room upstairs showered it created a squealing noise, also the shower head was rusty, The Guy that checked us in was extremely nice but in the morning the staff seemed to not have a clue

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Hwood89
Dear Hwood89,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered during your recent stay. If possible, could you please provide us with more details regarding your stay such as the room number etc? All claims will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken. We have recently added new dressers, night stands, headboards, chairs to several of our rooms. Please contact me directly to discuss the issue further.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 5, 2011

It was clean and affordable. Would stay again for a short trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BeachLover8031
Dear BeachLover8031,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean and affordable. rooms. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Richmond,VA
anywhere but America Best Inn
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place!!! My fiance and I spent Friday and Saturday @ this motel. Sat nite around 10 a so ~called employee approached me while I was on my cell phone outside my room. Without any introduction, he started shouting at me from 15 -20 feet away, telling me to come to the office to pay for my room. I had already paid since 11 am that same morning. So I get off the phone and go inside my room. He continuously calls my room phone, telling me to come to the office now or he was going call the police. My fiance go the office and he is shouting at me again, telling me I need to pay. I tried to explain that I already have. He has a reciept but claimed that I didnt pay. At this point Im very confused, more so than he was. 2 other employees were there and tried to help the situation by explaining to him that we were paid in full on our bill, but he was persisitant saying that I neeeded to pay or leave. Im not really sure what this guy was thinking or trying to prove but the only thing he succeed in was letting me know that is definetly not the place to stay.
The sad part is this is only the 1st half of the problem. After 2 days of trying to reach someone at a corporate office, I have been very unsucessful. they either cant help you or transfer you or wont return your calls or... well they have a ton of excuses as to why they cant do anything about nothing. Not really sure why or how they even have a job. I have been asked by a receptionist type a letter and send it to them so they can loose it or misplace it or do whatever it is they do with this kind of situations. All I know from my experience is that they are very incapable of handling much of anything, from the front desk clerk all the way to the top in the corporate office. This is why I took the time to write this and forwarn you. Hoping to save you from the harassing headache and waste of time experience that I have been through.

If I could have gave 0 stars, I would have. This place is off the charts in being rude and disrepectful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank BigD1ck
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. At the time, It was reported that there was a pet in the room. Please know that there is an extra charge for this service. In addition, there are safety issues involved as our staff may not be aware that there is a pet in the room. We did, however, refund you for 1 night of your stay due to any inconvenience caused to you. Each of our hotels are independently owned and operated. Under the bylaws established by the Advisory Board, the property owner is required to respond directly to your complaint. We perform all of this work in the interest of establishing and maintaining excellent relations not only with our guests but, also with our licensee hotel.

Kindest regards,
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed July 6, 2011

we could have trusted previous bad reviews on tripadvisor, but we booked this as it was avarge price and close to a place where we had to go. But it was a mistake and I would advice to avoid this motel if possible.
First, they gave us a room that was already occupied!!! Imagine is someone breaks into your room with their luggage...it was terrible mistake of the staff. And that happened to all 3 rooms we booked for that night..isn't it height?
Also, that area is not safe, they have some mexican club next to entrance, where police keep patrolling with torch and everything for entire night. Not good for family travelers.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rutansh
Dear rutansh,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I am concerned about the negative experience you encountered during your stay. There is never an excuse to provide anything less than a perfect stay. The Mexican Club you are referring is not part of our motel. It was currently under new ownership. We have also trained our staff so that these incidents will not happen again. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Richmond, VA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Express
Airport Inn Motel Richmond
#48 of 81 in Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian
DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!