“Cozy and Delicious”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I went for our anniversary on a rainy Friday night. The simple decor was lovely, and all of the guests seemed to be enjoying themselves. We opted for the prix fixe... I had French onion soup, rockfish with a lemon butter sauce, a side of grits and asparagus, and apple tartin for dessert. All was fresh, light, and savory. My husband lives for french pastries, and he said that his entree rivaled those sweets - he adored his duck with bacon, walnuts, and a cream sauce. We've been to France, and it was wonderful to relive the memories at this authentic bistro.

There are newer reviews for Amour Wine Bistro

Reviewed March 29, 2013

A great French restaurant. Had their onion soup and their scallop special, and they're excellent! The white wine is really good too, and for the lunch special, just add $4 for 2 glasses, good deal. The parking is a bit difficult. The place is small, so for dinner, I'm sure you better call for reservation. However, at lunch, only four tables occupied, including myself. Also, the service is excellent! I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Everything was very nice, from the decor to the meal and service. The owner is French and was very helpful in guiding our selections. I had slight menu envy, I should have tried the sweetbread appetizer but didn't, my loss, it looked delicious. I had the shad roe, a seasonal offering and it too was excellent. A great place, we will go back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Richmond is lucky to have this restaurant. I can't stop thinking about how good the wine was. I haven't even had a glass since our visit; I don't want to make any new wine memories.
We went for a birthday and pre-theater. Had the prix fixe, which would have gotten us out on time, but we were having such a good time, we savored. (Made play just in time, though). The staff was professional and efficient. Paul chose perfect wines with the three courses. His descriptions and charm add to the experience. They brought out a little sorbet w/ a candle for my husband, which was thoughtful. The food was very good, fresh, tasty, and nicely presented. We had a cheese plate and chocolate creme brulee for dessert. Both were exceptional. Including tip, it was about $100 for two. We feel we got a good value. Wish I lived closer to the Amour Wine Bistro, I'd be a regular.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were drawn in by the Eiffel tower on the sign (oh, okay...that and the chocolate creme brulee with salted caramel listed on the menu posted on the window!), and left over 2 hours later feeling that we had been whisked back to Paris! It was an absolutely transporting experience - a small, intimate space, lovely music, pictures of Paris, and the owner, Paul, who was the most gracious host. We had the croque monsieur and the Parisienne - both beautifully prepared and reminiscent of lunch in Paris. The chocolate creme brulee was incredible - perfect crunch, a light sprinkling of salt, incredible chocolate flavor. We also ordered coffee, which was delicious and beautifully served with a square of dark chocolate and a delicate, lemon madeleine. It was a surprise to walk out of the restaurant and find that we were in Carytown, not on the Left Bank! We will definitely be back, even though we, sadly, live 3 hours away...