“Afternoon Lunch”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Afternoon Lunch”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Went to Arcadia with a business partner for a quick lunch. We sat outside. Other than the large Water Bug (American Cockroach) which is kind of expected outside in a city setting, the experience was good. I had the Arcadia Caesar Salad which has beef slices and Anchovies and it was very good. The setting is nice and food fresh. I presume this is one of the better Richmond Restaurants.

Fishers, Indiana
“Very good lunch”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Crab cake sandwich was excellent. Highly recommend it. Others in my party loved the burger, and salad. Friendly service, nice atmosphere in a historic downtown Richmond building. Menu included a nice wine selection as well.

Richmond, Virginia
“Arcadia offers the best Steak and Overall Service in all of Richmond”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I could talk about how the Service is prompt, friendly, hard working and impeccable. Or how the warm and inviting trendy decor balances the atmosphere of an upscale Casual Restaurant while still respecting the exposed brick of a City with a very rich history. Or how the Bartending service is second to none. But, I would be doing the Braveheart Beef a disservice. The thought of the perfectly cooked Medium Rare NY Strip brings drool to the corner of my mouth. Their Brave Heart Beef is simply the most delicous cut of beef I have had in my life (Google it if you have not heard of it). I loved the choice of three different compound butters to accompany the steak (a good steak should not need anything else). Of course a multitude of different expertly prepared and locally sourced sides simply serve to enhance and better Frame the star of this show, the Beef. There are many many different steak houses which can turn around a decent steak, but the gap between decent and incredible is very steep. Arcadia manages to set the bar for what an incredible Steak should be and deserves Michelin recognition.
This is a great Restaurant for doing Business, taking a date or celebrating a special occasion. Being situated on the corner East Main Street and the 17th Street Farmers Market provides a vibrant backdrop of a City which has come alive for what will surely become a Landmark Richmond Institution.

1 Thank TybeeLola
Charleston, South Carolina
“Just Missed Being Great”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

First trip to Arcadia. Had a party of six for a special occasion. One couple had eaten here before and gave us all some insight. We started with the Carrot and dill soup that has gotten a lot of press. The presentation is very nice due to the way the chef ladles the cream in the puree. It was very good but could have been warmer. My wife and I decided to split a 12oz. New York Strip and to share two small plates...the rock shrimp mac & cheese and the braised scallops. The steak was tender, perfectly cooked...but overly salted. The scallops were cooked perfectly and very tasty. The shrimp dish has a smoky flavor that is nice but overpowers the shrimp....which are cut into fine pieces. This dish too was overly salty. We shared a slice of their dark chocolate tort...I think I got the name wrong...but it was outstanding!
If you love dark cocoa you have to get this! We will give them another try.

Durham, North Carolina
“Loved Brunch and Bellinis at Arcadia”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Visited Richmond with girl friends, and luckily, we found Arcadia after other options were closed due to power outages! Decide to head towards Shockoe Bottom and we were drawn to the yellow umbrellas outside. The service was great, our waiter was so helpful, and after we asked how the brunch was, he was very proud to show us the Richmond magazine cover with their food on the cover!
We celebrated a birthday with peach and mango bellinis. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. The Surry ham benedict was so delicious, as was the French toast with Surry bacon. We loved the chocolate torte with salt on top… mmmm… what a great combination.
LOVED this restaurant