“Great movie house”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great movie house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I thouroughly enjoyed my visit. The front staff and the wait staff were both excellent. Great portions of food as well.

Visited May 2013

Blackstone, Virginia, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“May 17, 1:30 showing of "The Great Gatsby"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have been to the Stony Point Cinebistro several times and the movie experience itself cannot be beaten. Firstly, no one under the age of 21 is allowed--which is the best part. Secondly, it is a luxurious setting to see a movie. the theatre is intimate, with plush leather seating and lovely hardwood floors, draperies on the walls--it is impressive. The restroom is modern, clean, and elegant. When you arrive inside the theatre, the wait staff is lined up to welcome you, seat you, and provide you with a menu. For a moment, I felt as if I was on Downton Abbey, reviewing the staff! I saw "The Great Gatsby" (a must see, by the way) in 3D and felt it well worth the price. I had the crab dip with cheddar rolls and chocolate cake. It was ok, but a little overpriced so I was not impressed. However, I am willing to try a pasta next time, or justbget popcorn. Regardless, for me, the draw is not the food--it is the experience of seeing a movie in a grander style, without children or teenegers around. That being said, there were some loud adults there, which was disappointing. But, I am looking forward to returning soon.

Visited May 2013
Glen Allen, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Can't Wait to Return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went here to see Tyler Perry's Temptation with a group of girlfriends. It was my first time and I had planned twice to go but did not make it. In my mind I had the atmosphere setup like a comedy club with uncomfortable tables and chairs too close to each other. My focus was the ability to eat and not to enjoy the movie. I was so glad I was wrong about the setting.

The theater is very spacious and there are a lot of seats for this kind of movie theater. The chairs are comfy and plush, the space in front (leg room area) is very wide so no squeezing by anyone. The table latch that pulls out in front is very spacious to hold your meal(s) and drinks. The staff are very nice, friendly, patient, efficient, and the food was soooo good.

Everything was 5-star down to the glass dishes, cloth napkins and silverware. They even have bottle service. The bathrooms and the the bar/lounge area is very tres chic and I just absolutely adore the Fashion Park's design and setup. I can't wait to go back and take my friends and family.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MsAristocracy
Colonial Heights, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cinebistro is just the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

The absolute best place to watcha movie! Great bar, great seats, great food, and wonderful wait staff. We go there all the time!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ellen P
Midlothian, Virginia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Too costly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

What you get here is not worth the price you pay. If you want to take a date to a movie this may be the place for you. Otherwise pass for a regular theatre

Visited March 2013