“Amazing well awaited food”
Review of M Bistro and Wine Bar - CLOSED

M Bistro and Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: one transit stop one mile from restaurant
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We came to "M" during our road trip in the south. We actually did some research and bought a coupon for it ahead of time. Little did we know, the food would be worth every penny of the full price.

We ordered some drtinks and the steak and the wild blueberry lamb as main courses. Everything had wonderful flavor. The chef did a wonderful job with both dishes.

The atmosphere was wonderful, there was a great mix of different ages and people and everyone seemed to enjoy their time and the server who were extremely nice.

The only challenge M seemed to have was the time it took the main course to come out. We've waited long enough to get bread and butter AND complimentary corn cakes (which were also great). The place wasn't very crowded when we ordered and filled out later. Maybe they were missing staff in the kitchen.

Either way, the food is worth the wait. I highly recommend the place.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with the bold, rich favors of the food served here. By far my favorite dishes are the Prine Edwards mussels or portobello steak for starters, Salad Nicoise! and the Seared Chilean Sea Bass is a must. The Chef puts a nice touch of french and southern together. I always look forward to the Chef's special Amuse-Bouche creation. I frequent M Bistro with friends and family and they have all been very impressed with the ambiance and food creations. Beautiful location in the Riverfront community. Perfect for dinner and a stroll.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Recently enjoyed a wonderful meal, the food was exceptional and the service could not have been better...This is a wonderful addition to other resturants at Rocketts Landing just outside of downtown Richmond on the James River.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

My husband and I randomly decided to stop in here for lunch recently.

It's a fairly large, modern restaurant. When we were there, the place was far from packed and I can only attribute that to it's slightly out of the way location for most people that work downtown.

All I can say, is if you like bacon (and most people do, right?) try the lamb burger. Oh. my. goodness. That burger is one of the best I've had. It comes with smoked gouda and bbq bacon. That bbq bacon is ridiculously good.

My husband had the short rib sandwich. This was very "meat heavy", which he appreciated, it being a short rib sandwich. We both agreed though, that burger was better.

The portion sizes are very good for lunch - I can't imagine anyone would leave hungry.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Overall, a great dinner and a perfect venue for a quiet dining experience.The unique menu leans heavily on pork products, which was a bit different than we had anticipated. In any case, the food was delicious and impeccably prepared by an excellent kitchen staff.

Otherwise, the crowd was a nice mix of ages and backgrounds, while the bar scene was non-existent on the Saturday night we visited. In hindsight, cocktails at the nearby Boathouse first would have been a more lively start to the dinner. I would also strongly suggest that the team at M Bistro add live music to their dinner hours.

2  Thank TecG