“Low class, dirty hotel”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
Ranked #53 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Older property. Well located. Pretty cheap. Staff unfriendly. Filthy rooms. Stay away!
Two straight days of jack hammering, literally. And more than one interuption of water service. I get that maintenance must be done on an old building. But nobody wants it done as they're checked in.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank travelingalo

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at this location during recent business. Staff was very friendly and helpful, and met nearly all my needs and requests. Rooms were neat and clean. When I had any problems with the room, maintenance was right there to take care of it in a very timely manner. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Richmond for an extended period.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank monon43
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is the worst hotel environment I have been. The entire building was dirty from the moment you enter the main lobby, hallway, guest room, and bathroom. The blanket has stain and torn linen. The staff are somewhat friendly but the outside is really presentable: landscaping is in immaculate condition and well maintain. Well I don't sleep outside so it is more important for me the inside condition. Not only that but they also double charge your credit card. So beware and double check your receipt before you sign it!!!!!!

Room Tip: Not from this hotel. I guess you get what you paid for and for my family and myself, I'll rathe...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
sesrichmond, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Holly, 1st let me thank you for taking the TIME to give us a review on Tripadvisor. As I explained to you when I refund your money for the day that the noise was going on but the previous nights stay also. We are upgrading and installing our own laundry facility, so that we can better serve our guests needs.
Again I apolgize for the inconvience, and I know you have stayed with us before, so hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed in this motel for about 3 months while I was looking for permanent housing. For 99% of the time it was very quiet and when it wasn't , just a quick Phone call to the front desk would solve that problem. I enjoyed the kitchenette and the service was excellent. the staff is very, very friendly. Hot Cookies everyday at 3:00 pm. I found the hotel to be clean and in a great location, just steps from restaraunts, movies and shopping and the metro system. Marcie (asst. Mgr) and Cheryl (Mgr) treat you like there own. The housekeeping and maintenance is top notch. I will always go back when i need a place to stay and when people from out of town ask me , I do not hesitate to recommend Suburban Extended Hotel .
P.S. The price is very, very reasonable and I never lost a piece of mail.

Room Tip: all rooms are nice , but the end rooms do seem a hair larger.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel 3 different times and I would highly recommend it to anyone needing a place in this area. My son has been living there since February and he speaks very highly of the hotel and staff. We visit there to watch him play football and we have been very pleased with our experience. The price is very affordable and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We have stayed 3 times, 2 times in the same room. We stayed on the 2nd floor the first time and the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2012

It's a good basic hotel that lack amenities, but makes up for it in price.
Cons: No bathroom in the lobby, no pool or gym. My tub wasn't perfectly clean, but I wasn't disgusted either.
Pros: Good size room with a kitchenette. Plenty of parking under your own window. Good parking security: I was worried about my car getting broken into since I was carrying lots of boxes in my back seat. I had no problems at all and lots of other people were displaying goodies in their cars all night long. Close to lots of restaurants.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Excellent service. One clerk was exceptionally helpful. Great location, well kept.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family