“Huge surprise”

Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Ranked #40 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
“Huge surprise”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I looked this Hotel up because of its proximity to I-95 and being pet friendly. We had never stayed at a Red Roof. This place is a gem. The rooms are newly renovated and have no stinky carpet in the rooms. The bathroom super clean and very comfortable bed. I'm definitely going to look at Red Roof in my future travel. To top it off the room was very reasonable. Great find.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank AneJul
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience. It makes my day to hear “Huge surprise” and that we have been missing you all of this time. I am so glad you gave us a try and that you consider us a “great find”. I very much appreciate your positive comments as we continue to meet many special guests due to our new rooms, rates, pet friendly policies, and easily accessible location. Make sure you join our RediCard program if you haven’t already so you can earn points towards free nights, it adds to the value and is a very good frequent stay program. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you soon at a Red Roof Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The staff was very helpful. Tamika always helps us get a great room at an even better rate. Love the recent room renovations. the beds were very comfortable. The frig and microwave was a great added benefit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive comments and recommendation from your experience. Your kind words on my staff, property, and price mean a lot to us as we strive for guests to have these experiences. I am glad Tameka was able to make your stay even better. Our deluxe 2 bedded rooms and superior kings are the best value. We hope to see you again when you need a place to stay in Richmond.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was on a work trip in South Carolina, and on my way home to Philadelphia, i decided to stop here for one night. My plans changed and i had to stay for several more nights. No matter what my request was, the staff was happy to fulfill. Garrett, the maintenance man, was especially helpful! The room was very nice and i really loved the fast internet for my work, and huge selection of HD channels. I would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us & taking the time to share your experience. Comments like “Great room and great rates” are what Red Roof Inns are all about. I very much appreciate your comments on our rooms & my staff. I am glad Garrett went the extra mile to make your stay even more special. The new HD channel line-up definitely adds to the experience of our new rooms. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit in the Richmond area.
Ortonville, Michigan
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The hotel room was nice. Newly remodeled and very clean. Although it was somewhat smaller than other rooms we have stayed in, it was a very good value. Our older Lab had a hard time walking on the floor as it isn't carpeted, but that is the only thing I could say negative about staying here....which is minor. If in the area, we would stay here again. Not many places close by, though, to eat at. We ate across the street at a restaurant connected to another hotel....that, we would not do again......very overpriced and bad service....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your review. My staff & I appreciate your kind comments and recommendation. I am sorry your Lab had trouble walking on the floors. You are right on when it comes to price point – for the price our new rooms provide great value. Our service and pet friendly property make it even better. I hope you got to enjoy our new upgraded TV HD channel line-up. I apologize for the poor experience you had at the restaurant across the street. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area. When you do we will be sure to send you to a better eatery. Have a great Spring! Love Labs
Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stopped here to break up the trip North. OK. Very basic, no amenities, just coffee in the AM, slow wireless. But they took my pooch and the beds were very comfortable. Staff was friendly very convenient location. Price is right!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inns for the night. I always enjoy hearing positive comments about my staff & property – especially from seasoned travelers. We meet many great guests due to our price being right for the room(s) and the pet(s). I hope you enjoyed our recently updated TV line up with more channels most being in HD. Have a great Spring and we hope to see you on your next trip North or South.
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

It was a last moment stay on Sunday night on our way back home from pigeon forge ten this hotel is very nice and I will be coming back to stay.

My family and I had a good sleep and all in all I liked the place do to I work at a Red Roof Inn & Suites in Middletown/Franklin OH area

Stayed April 2014
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. Your positive comments on my staff and our rooms are much appreciated. Hope you had a good time in Pigeon Forge, which is a beautiful area. Unfortunately you just missed our upgraded TV line-up that we are completing this week. We are adding 13 more channels with a majority in HD which will look great on the new flat screens. We look forward to seeing you again when your next trip brings you through Richmond for the night. It is always a pleasure to have a team member stay with us.
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to FL, the room was spacious. Plenty of room for my husband and I along with our Great Dane. This is located right off I-95 so it can be a little loud but it wasn't too bad. You can hear neighboring people in their rooms - very thin walls. Would recommend if needed something quick and cheap.

• Stayed April 2014
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us. We are very happy you like our upgraded rooms & location. Our pet policy also does attract some great customers. We are thankful you chose to give us a try & look forward to seeing you again in the future. We hope you enjoy your time in Florida. Have a great Spring.