“Another great stay!”

Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is the second Red Roof I have stayed at this year and let me tell you, they are on to something great! When I arrived at the hotel my reservations were not on their list. Nonetheless the clerk was very helpful in helping me find out that I had entered my dates of stay incorrectly when I made the reservation. He was very helpful in finding me a room for the night. Not only did I get a reservation, I got it for a significantly reduced price in honor of their cyber-Monday sale. My mistake saved me 30% for the nights stay. As usual, our room was spacious and very clean. Love the big flat screen in the rooms and the extra work space provided in the Superior King room. I travel with pets, and they are always welcome at no charge. This hotel has been renovated and is very comfortable and clean! The hotel is located close to the interstate, making it easy to find and get back into traffic when you depart for your next destination. I look forward to my next Red Roof Inn stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. Thank you also for choosing to stick with the Red Roof Inn brand. We love to hear comments like “another great stay”. I am glad we were able to take care of your reservation and with an end result of you saving some money too. We very much appreciate your positive comments on our quality and service. The new rooms definitely refresh the product and continue to get a lot of positive reviews. Being pet friendly with no charge is also very popular. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stop in Richmond. Have a very Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We do the drive from NJ to SC several times a year and of late have been leaving a day earlier and driving half way and staying overnight, thus giving us another day of vacation. Our last couple of hotels have been awful but we choose this based on the reviews decided to give this a try. We were not disappointed! The rooms were newly renovated and very clean, the beds comfortable, the shower hot and free wifi. And we loved the fact that our pup was welcome at no extra charge. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna G
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us. We are very happy you like our upgraded rooms & location. Our pet policy also does attract some great customers. We are thankful you chose to give us a try & look forward to seeing you again in the future. I hope you enjoyed your extra day of vacation. Happy Holidays!!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was definitely apprehensive about staying here but because of the reviews we gave it a try. I was satisified with everything, the internet was a little slow but that did not stop the world from turning lol. The bed could have been a little bit more softer but my partner said, "You're just being spoiled." We have a gel infused, super plush bed at home so that is what I'm use to but I didn't lose sleep. The outside looked a little drab but they just renovated the rooms and they were decorated really nice. Nice size TV, frig, and had good coffee. We also were able to get a bottle of water each day we stayed. It was only about 10 mins from downtown and it was DIRECTLY off the highway. Noise level was non-existent, we stayed tues-thurs and will def go back. Can't beat the prices.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I greatly appreciate your recommendation & comments on our rooms and service. Our new rooms are very nice with the updates and continue to get positive reviews. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Richmond. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I haven't stayed yet at the hotel, but I am already a bit upset with their lack of flexibility. I am coming down to run the Richmond marathon and wanted to check out later in the day due to the race and hoping to take a shower before I drive home. After speaking with the front desk staff, I was told there would be no way that could happen and I would be charged an extra night if I wanted to check out late. I was hoping the hotel would be flexible considering I am coming down to take part in the Richmond Marathon-but it seems that is not the case. I chose this hotel because they allow you to bring dogs and thought it would be a good choice. I am not looking forward to checking in with this place now that I've had this already negative experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize that it has started out poorly when you contacted my property to request a late check-out. That is a very busy weekend with many guests wanting to check out late. If you would like to call me at the property @ 804-271-7240 or send me an email to i0086@redroof.com with your confirmation number and request. I will see what I can do for you - we may be able to extend an old offer of a late check-out up to 2:00pm @ a cost of $10.00/hour. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Loved the updated rooms would definitely recommend. EXCELLENT price, friendly and fast check in, very clean, quiet, close to the highway. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because they only offer non smoking rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina Q
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us & taking the time to share your experience. Reading “Loved it” makes the entire staffs day. We appreciate your recommendation as that means a lot to my team. Your comments on our price, quality, service, and location are what we strive for. We look forward to seeing you again next time you require lodging in the Richmond area.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The location of the hotel is perfect, the price is spectacular. The fact that there was more than 30 stink bugs in my room is not acceptable. I was absolutely disgusted that every corner I would turn, there was a stink bug. In the shower, in the windowsill, on the walls, on the mirror...etc etc. I think it is utterly inconsiderate and unprofessional of them to have a problem like that not only in one room but in all the rooms. I was traveling for a business conference and most of the people at the hotel I knew they all had a problem with the stink bugs. they should get an exterminator immediately because that is unaccrptable. DO NOT STAY HERE !!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

I sincerely apologize for your experience not being above satisfactory here at our inn. With the recent update of our rooms our goal is to not only meet the guest’s expectations but exceed them. I can assure you that we take pest issues very seriously & these stink bugs have invaded this area in just over the past week. The staff and I have taken several steps to remedy this situation. We have performed a couple different exterior treatment methods as well as held staff meetings to make sure we are doing all that we can to prevent these pests from flying into rooms. It is our hope that you will accept our apology and give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

It is nice to see the updated rooms. It has the faux wood floor and short carpet by the beds. I arrived before check in and they were kind enough to let me check in. It was rather odd though as it was the middle of the day I had to use to use the night window. I was too tired to ask why, but I thought it might be because the person working didn't feel safe? I don't know, that is a guess. Anyway she was very nice.

The room was clean and no smell...which is always a bonus. The hotel is literally right off the ramp of the highway. All in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your review. Our “Updated rooms” continue to get very good reviews & I am glad you share that feeling. Our easy access off I-95 makes stopping here very convenient. I appreciate your comments on our cleanliness and that you enjoyed your stay. Have a great Fall season and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Richmond area.