“My stay at Red Roof Inn”

Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nicely remodeled rooms and very comfortable bed. Front desk attendant (Renny) was very helpfull and pleasant as i needed directions to get around Richmond. suprisingly quiet being that it is located right by the interstate and the Flat screen TV's are a definite plus. Will definitley return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I very much appreciate your positive comments and recommendation. The new rooms definitely refresh the product and we are getting a lot of compliments. It is always a pleasure to have one of my employees (Renny) get positive remarks from a guest’s experience. Many guests do love our location since it is – easy on and off. I hope we will see you again next time you are passing through Richmond. Have a very nice Summer!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family and I spent a comfortable night at the Red Roof Inn in south Richmond. The inn is located near the highway but is surprisingly quiet. We had clean rooms and a very pleasant night's rest after a long trip from South Carolina. The staff was most helpful in finding and securing some luggage that was left behind in our room after we checked-out. A big thumbs up to housekeeping and the general manager for retrieving and forwarding our luggage. On our next southern trip we'll plan another stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank josh p
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking a moment to share your experience. I very much appreciate your “thumbs up” comments on our service and quality. It makes our day when a customer takes the time to let us know how we made their stay special. It was my pleasure to make sure your items got back to you. We hope you have a great summer and look forward to seeing you on your next trip south.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I wasn't as impressed with this property as I was with the Charleston Red Roof Inn. The room was inside as great as the latter but some holdovers of the old look still remained. There was a old light fixture which was still up but not in use as was the old style closet system which was really ancient-you had to "thread" the hangers thru the holes in the metal tube to hang things up. The outside needed a re-do also but maybe that was due to the location of the hotel. It was far away from everything except gas and a Subway store. To go out for dinner you have drive over 25 minutes to reach the restaurant-rich shopping area. Easy on-off from the highway but a pretty deserted area overall. The other aspects of the room were on-par with other Red Roof Inn hotels and again they are pet-friendly properties which charge no fees.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side of the property-away from the gas station side. Although it was quie...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your stay with us. . I am very glad you see us as an ‘Excellent value”. Being pet friendly has allowed us to meet some special guests like you. Our new rooms are very nice with the updates and continue to get positive reviews. The easy on and off make us a good location. The limited eateries are hopefully going to grow in the near future, but we are located within 6 miles of some excellent downtown restaurants as well as many favorite chains 6 miles south if you are up for a short drive. Thank you for your comments and recommendation. Have a great spring/summer!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

LOVE this little motel! We came here from NJ to bring a foster dog to her new home and stayed overnight for Mothers' Day. The room is immaculate, the bed is ultra comfy and the value is exceptional. Thank you for helping us get Audrey, our foster dog, off to a good start and thank you for welcoming Junebug, our personal dog, who came along for the adventure!

• Stayed: May 2013
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. Your positive comments and recommendation are very much appreciated. With our new rooms and quality we do provide a great value, especially for pet lovers where Audrey, Junebug, and other pets stay for Free. We look forward to seeing you again when your next adventure lands you in Richmond for the night. Hope you had a very special Mother’s Day. Have a great spring/summer.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Red Roof Inn, within two blocks of two other well-known motel chains, was $30 less per night. Expecting fewer comforts for the cheaper price, I was delightfully surprised to find a nicely decorated room with flat-screen TV, stereo system, and very comfortable beds. There was no hair dryer - I always pack my own. No complementary breakfast was offered, but one of the more expensive chains across the street also did not offer breakfast either. Next door to Red-Roof Inn is a Subway that provides breakfast; McDonald's is across the street. Ideal location for anyone traveling I-95 - easy off and on. I definitely will stay there the next time I visit Richmond.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I thank you for your comments and recommendations as our new rooms with the recent updates are getting a lot of positive feedback. Not all the amenities of a full service chain but with a significant savings it does make a “wonderful bargain”. Our easy on and off location makes it stress free to find us and get back on the highway when departing. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to or through Virginia. Have a great spring & summer.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

For the price (cheap), I have no real complaints. However, the hotel claims that all rooms are
"non smoking" and warns that there is a $200 fine if you smoke. But the first room I was given reeked of smoke. They were very gracious in giving me another room, but it was on the highway side of the hotel and if you are light sleeper (I am not, thankfully) the Indianapolis 500 din from I-95 may be a problem. Also, when the shower was on in the next room (at 6 a.m.) it sounded like Niagara Falls. But the room was cheap and clean and the bed firm. You get what you pay for and in this case the bargain is not bad, if you are careful in room selection

Room Tip: Make sure it has not been used by a smoker before checking in. Get a room in the hotel on the side...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bassinstincts
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your stay with us. I am glad we were able to move you to another room to take care of your quality issue. With the updates to our rooms our goal is to not only meet the guest’s expectations but exceed them. Providing smoke free rooms is our goal so I will revisit our deep cleaning procedures with the staff to make sure we are preventing this in the future. Many guests love our easy access but sometimes I guess that can be a disadvantage, and I apologize for that. I hope you will stay with us again in the future so we can give you 100%. Have a great summer.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The room itself is clean, with adequate space and lighting. However, the sheets are thin, the bed is hard, the toilet keeps flushing itself at random, the radiator is extremely loud, and the motorcycle gang outside is having a party in the parking lot with blasting music that won't let me fall asleep. Plus, the locks on the door seem awfully flimsy, and while I'm not a suspicious or nervous person in general, this is the first time ever I've felt compelled to use every possible protection where I'm staying, and said protection is inadequate. Pretty much the only reason I came here is that I needed a place to stay with my cat, and it's nice that these guys are willing to accommodate pets for free, but for over $100 a night for a hotel with this much noise, this little security, no breakfast, and cheap, pointless bathroom products, I don't think I'll ever stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank RunnerOnIce
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize for your experience not being above satisfactory here at our inn. With the recent update of our rooms our goal is to not only meet the guest’s expectations but exceed them and in this case it seems that we did not. I have spoken to my team to remind them all that we most provide the best experience possible to our guests and even with updated rooms we have to continue to work on how our guests experience those rooms. Safety and security of our guests is always a top concern of ours. For prices we try to offer the best value amongst our competitors. NASCAR does increase prices all over town since it is a special event, but we still keep rates lower than most of them. I hope one day you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations the next time you are in town.