WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #36 of 83 Hotels in Richmond
Binghamton NY
“Another satisfactory stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel has met our expectations on each stay. We travel twice yearly from NY to FL. Redroof is our first stop. Room 108 was nicely equipped and maintained. Furnishings still fresh looking evenwith hard wear that people can Iinflict. The sheets were clean fresh and crisp. The bathroom was clean. The toilet flushed rather sluggish and could have used an extra towel, but minor issues. The floor was clean and most corners did not have any debris. Love the laminate floors , much nicer. We travel with pets and I will not allow them to sleep on an unclean surface. I have left 200.00 hotels if I was not happy with the room. Thank you Khan at check out. Friendly and efficient. See you next time.

Room Tip: Side near office further from highway might be a tad quieter from highway noise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you very much for coming back to stay with us again & taking the time to share your experiences. I very much appreciate your comments on our renovated rooms as they continue to get very good reviews & I am glad you share that feeling. Our pet policy also does attract some great customers like you. Thank you for the very kind words about my associate Khan. I will be sure to personally check the toilet in that room to assure it is working properly. Have a great February and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip from NY to FL.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Khan, Panther, and Anita were awesome as always. I come here twice a year for assembly's and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. It's right off the highway and Subway is right next door for a quick meal. I am looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: deluxe has a fridge
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us & taking the time to share your experience. Comments like “Awesome!!!!!!” make my day. I very much appreciate your comments on our quality & my staff. I am glad they provide the service to make you comfortable & enjoy returning to stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Red Roof Inn. The room was clean and the stylish. The service that me and my significant other received while we was there was exceptional. Housekeeping cleaned and changed the linen in our room which was also a plus. Only thing I'd have to say is that the location of the hotel is better for overnight stays for people who just wants to get on the highway the next day. This is not a good place if you want to explore the city and find things to do because it is so far out from everything. Other than that its great.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I very much appreciate your comments on our service and quality. Our location is south of the city but close enough when you are trying to avoid downtown prices. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Richmond.
Hamilton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

The staff was friendly, the rooms were nicely furnished, and the bed was comfortable. My biggest problem was that areas of the room were dirty. The mini fridge was sticky, the counter top near the TV was sticky, and the toilet seat was also dirty (this is not acceptable to me). Otherwise, it would've been a perfectly good stay. We only stayed one night, so I did not complain to the staff, I just cleaned things myself with disinfectant wipes. The location was right off the highway, easy to get to, and about 10 mins from the downtown area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate your comments on my staff and our new nicely furnished rooms. With the recent update of our rooms our goal is to not only meet the guest’s expectations but exceed them and in this case it seems that we fell short in cleanliness. I have spoken to my team to remind them all that we most provide the best room experience possible to our guests and even with updated rooms we have to continue to work on how our guests experience those rooms. I hope you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations the next time you are in town.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was my second time at RRI in Richmond, last year about this time they were renovating it and has far as I'm concerned they did a great job. The personel at the front desk were excellent and attentive, the room was great with Micro and small Ref, clean. The bed was great a king size very confortable. It was fairly busy but quite, I'm sure if I'm back in that area I will try to stay here again, easy off and on 95 at Exit 69, subway right in the back yard and Mcdonalds across the road and two gas station close by

Room Tip: Really can't say both times I've stayed its been reasonably quite, room in the back seem to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you very much for being a repeat customer and taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy that you like our renovated rooms. The new rooms definitely refresh the product and we are getting a lot of compliments. The Superior King rooms with the fridge and micro are the best in the market for value. I very much appreciate your comments on the rooms and service. Have a very Happy New Year! & I hope it is less than a year before we see you again.
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here on a trip from CT to Florida. Needed a pet-friendly hotel and this one was perfect for that. Rather than carpeting on the floors they have a pergo-style flooring ... perfect for a hotel that's pet-friendly ... and they do not charge extra for the pets.

Beds were comfy and everything looked clean and fresh. Would totally recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay with us. I very much appreciate your kind comments and recommendation. You are right on when it comes to price point – for the price our new rooms provide great value. Our service and pet friendly property make it even better. I hope you enjoyed your holidays & had a nice time in Florida. We hope to see you again when you are traveling through Virginia. Have a great New Year!
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We always have trouble finding a nice place that takes dogs, and after reading the other reviews, we decided to stay here because they don't charge for pets.... How awesome! They have comfy beds, clean rooms, new laminate wood floors and flat screens.
This has been our second time staying here and Khan welcomed us with a smile, again, and very warm service. He made us feel very comfortable and was happy and personable. Red Roof... Top 3: Welcoming pet police, Comfy beds, and Friendly service! Good work!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with fridge and micro.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us & especially for returning for a second time. It makes my day to hear Best Value, Great Service, and awesome in a guests comments. Our new rooms continue to get very good reviews & I am glad you share that feeling. Our pet policy also does attract some great customers. I appreciate the very kind words about my associate Khan. He is excellent with our guests & I am glad he made you feel so welcome and comfortable. Have a great New Year & we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.