“Great value ...”

Ranked #39 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Great value ...”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here on a trip from CT to Florida. Needed a pet-friendly hotel and this one was perfect for that. Rather than carpeting on the floors they have a pergo-style flooring ... perfect for a hotel that's pet-friendly ... and they do not charge extra for the pets.

Beds were comfy and everything looked clean and fresh. Would totally recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay with us. I very much appreciate your kind comments and recommendation. You are right on when it comes to price point – for the price our new rooms provide great value. Our service and pet friendly property make it even better. I hope you enjoyed your holidays & had a nice time in Florida. We hope to see you again when you are traveling through Virginia. Have a great New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We always have trouble finding a nice place that takes dogs, and after reading the other reviews, we decided to stay here because they don't charge for pets.... How awesome! They have comfy beds, clean rooms, new laminate wood floors and flat screens.
This has been our second time staying here and Khan welcomed us with a smile, again, and very warm service. He made us feel very comfortable and was happy and personable. Red Roof... Top 3: Welcoming pet police, Comfy beds, and Friendly service! Good work!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with fridge and micro.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us & especially for returning for a second time. It makes my day to hear Best Value, Great Service, and awesome in a guests comments. Our new rooms continue to get very good reviews & I am glad you share that feeling. Our pet policy also does attract some great customers. I appreciate the very kind words about my associate Khan. He is excellent with our guests & I am glad he made you feel so welcome and comfortable. Have a great New Year & we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Ottawa
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Well let's start with checking in. We did not have a reservation but did my research before staying here. The reviews were good and liked the fact that it had just been renovated, so we decided to stay here as a halfway point from Ottawa Ontario Canada to Orlando Florida for a Christmas vacation. Because we didn't make reservations online before arriving we had to pay full price $57 + taxes = $66. I told the front desk the the rate online was $51 + Tax. She replied that I would have to book online to get that price and she told me I could use my own Internet connection to book while standing in the lobby. Of course I'm from Canada so I don't have my own Internet connection in the USA. I was tired from driving 12 hours and just wanted to sleep so I said I'll pay the $66. Then after paying I ask about the complimentary breakfast that it offers on the website and she tells me there is none. To me that is a issue you need to fix. That is false advertising. Then we enter the room to find the heat is set at max. It was so hot in the room, I had to leave the door open so we could breath. I am writing this review as I lay in bed at this hotel. You may have read reviews mentioning the urine smell in the rooms and that is very true as this is a pet friendly motel. It is a very strong smell. The location is good with a McDonald's and a Subway next door and a couple of gas stations as well. I would not stay here again just on the fact that they wouldn't give the the rate that they advertise on every website for booking hotels. This seems very cheap to screw customers over. It should be cheaper as a walk in as they don't have to give a commission to these websites for booking rooms online for them. And don't forget the NO Breakfast, noisy and smelly. If I wasn't so tired I would have gone somewhere else and pay a few $ more. Good luck

Stayed December 2012
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for you feeling like you were cheated and that your stay didn’t fully meet your expectations. We strive to provide all of our guests with the best experience & I am sorry we felt short of that. We also regularly check competition prices to make sure we offer the best value in the area. We have some great discounted offers online; unfortunately like many businesses we don’t offer the same discounts at the door. I contacted hotels.com to find out how breakfast was listed for us and have it removed from the website, as we have never offered it. I will also double check all the other websites as we do regularly to make sure it says we only serve fresh brewed coffee. We wish you Happy Holidays! And hope one day you will give us another chance.

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were apprehensive because we arrived after midnight and the front door was locked. We went to the night window and checked in. The room was quite nice. The shower was forceful and had hot water. Coffee maker was super fast and the coffee was great. Bed was very comfortable. Seemed like they worked hard to make the hotel nice. It was an older hotel with outside doors but we would go back.

• Stayed December 2012
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear guest comments. I am very appreciative that you gave us a chance even when apprehensive. I am very happy you liked our new rooms, had a good night sleep, and you feel satisfied you got your money’s worth of an experience. It means a lot to me and the staff especially as your 28th review. We look forward to seeing you again when you need lodging in the Richmond area. Happy holidays!!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed here previously and love that the hotel has been renovated and is 100% smoke free. The young lady that checked me in Thanksgiving day was very personable and the housekeeper upon my departure Saturday morning was very friendly. (she was cleaning 143 and I was in 145). Will return over Christmas while visiting family. Thank you

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate you returning and staying with us again, along with the recommendation. We are very happy to hear that you love our renovations. It is always a pleasure to hear positive comments on my staff and their service. Look forward to seeing you again over the Christmas Holiday.
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I recently stayed at The Red Roof in Richmond Virginia (South), when I arrived, I was really tired and frustrated because of my long travel. When I arrived at the front desk, I was met by the most courteous young lady maning the front desk. Her name I found out was Anita Iles... Anita was very accomodating, patient, and went out her way to see that I was made comfortable. I travel extensively and have had many encounters with hotel staff. Anita far out shined them in many respects, and caused my stay in Virginia to be a delightful one. As a Pastor, I am often asked to recommend hotels for church retreats and conferences. Because of the treatment of your staff, Anita in particular, as well as the quality of your rooms, I certainly will recommend your hotel to the othe churches in my church conference, as well as others.

Thank you for such quality service and wonderful accommodation. --

Greatfully your,

Rev. Matthew A. Burke

• Stayed July 2012
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us. It makes me very happy to hear after a long tiring drive we were able to make you feel comfortable. I always enjoy hearing positive comments about my staff – especially from seasoned travelers. We are very happy your stay was delightful. We very much appreciate your recommendation. Have a great Holiday and we hope to see you again when you stay in Richmond, Virginia.
Croghan, NY
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Nothing to complain about here. Clean room. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Pet friendly. Only drawback was there wasn't much at the exit for restaurants. Great overnight stop on trip up I95. Typical of Red Roof Inns there is no breakfast but we don't mind.

• Stayed November 2012
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us. It makes my day to hear you had a pleasant experience. I appreciate your kind comments on my staff and rooms. The limited eateries are hopefully going to grow in the near future, but we are located within 6 miles of some excellent downtown restaurants as well as many favorite chains 6 miles south if you are up for a short drive. I hope that on your next trip through Richmond we will see you again. Happy Holidays!