“Panther rules!”

Ranked #39 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
New York City, New York
“Panther rules!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had a terrific travel experience at this site. Very friendly, accommodating staff. Upon arrival, the front desk person Panther, was so very heplful w/check-in, a restaurant suggestion as well as touring guidebooks & general Richmond area information.

We enjoyed the room - neat, clean and we didn't experience any noise that affected us that night.

Richmond South Red Roof Inn is a permanent addition to our GPS whenever we travel north or south on 95 - thanks Panther!

Room Tip: There was not any restaurant nor pool at this site. Therefore the "terrible" rating is no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us. It makes my day to hear you had a terrific experience. That is what we all work for. I appreciate the very kind words about my associate Panther. I am elated that she made you feel so comfortable, welcome, and helpful. We are glad you had a nice quiet experience which most of our guest have. We are happy you enjoyed our new rooms and look forward to the next time we pop up on your GPS. Have a great autumn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bloomfield, Connecticut
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The rooms, although very nice size and decorated were very smelly. The bed and pillows actually smelled like urine...i could not get any sleep. The toilet handle had to be jiggled to stop from running constantly. The lights above the bed only worked on one of the beds. Parking was not very adequate because they had trucks with flat beds parked across several spots, right in front of the rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I apologize for your experience here at our inn. With the recent update of our rooms our goal is to not only meet the guest’s expectations but exceed them and in this case it seems that we did not. I have spoken to my team to remind them all that we most provide the best room experience possible to our guests and even with updated rooms we have to continue to work on how our guests experience those rooms. I hope you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations the next time you are in town.

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stay at Red Roof Inns often and have always had a good experience. I expected the same from this particular location. I was disappointed on a couple of fronts that I hope can be addressed by management in the near future.

The location is extremely convenient, though there are few amenities in the area asides from fast food places. The front desk staff was pleasant and check-in was very quick, especially considering I did not have a reservation.

The room was indeed recently renovated, but there were some problems. First (and this is no joke) I sat down on the toilet and almost tipped over, toilet and all. The toilet was not bolted to the floor or wall, and wobbled so much upon sitting that it almost seemed unsafe. I'm not talking about a slight wobble - I could have tipped the whole thing over quite easily, and weighing in at 150lbs, I'm not hefty. That alone was bizarre. The shower was unclean and there was hair from the previous guest(s) all over. The floor needed to be cleaned, especially along the wall and in the corners. Two of the face towels smelled horrendous - that awful mildew smell that occurs when you leave your laundry wet in the washing machine for a month. I also saw a roach, though having traveled extensively in Central and South America I've become unfazed to seeing a single roach.

Other than those problems, the room was comfortable and nice. For the wobbly toilet alone I would rate this hotel as "Poor" but it seemed all the problems were in the bathroom and wash area, so I decided to rate this as "Average". The room I stayed in was 218 in case management wants to address the wobbly toilet and cleanliness issues. I wouldn't recommend this location at this time based on my experience.

Room Tip: Avoid the wobbly toilet in 218. You'll fall over!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
First let me apologize for your experience hear at our property, as a frequent guest to Red Roof Inn, I am glad for the opportunity to hear your expectations for being a guest with us and I am glad we met those expectations in the service we provided to you as a guest. But I understand that service alone does not define your experience and I will continue to work with my team to bring the level of room experience up to match the level of guest service. I have addressed your concerns in room 218 and I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Hopefully the next time you are in the area you will have a chance to stop by and see that we have raised the room experience to match the service experience.
Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Very clean, great beds . Highly recommend. The rooms very just redone. Enjoyed the wifi. Great place for our dog as well. We did not notice the noise like previous guest I commented on. Had 2 grand kids they went to bed early & slept late.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. We very much appreciate your positive comments and recommendation. Our new rooms are very nice with the recent updates and are getting a lot of positive feedback. Being Pet friendly has also brought many new customers to our hotel & brand. Thank you again and we hope to see you again on your next trip passing through or visiting our great city Richmond, Virginia.
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Updated rooms but walls had some scrapes and needed cleaning. Bathroom needs upgrading. Laminate flooring in room. Did not feel totally safe at the hotel and had difficulty sleeping because of this, but the staff were friendly. The sheets had stains. Suggest asking for rooms on the west side as the noise from I95 can be an annoyance. The price for the room was good however but several groups of sketchy people around the area, but a security guard was on site doing patrols.

Room Tip: Choose room on west side
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Travelmann99
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We strive to provide all of our guests with the best experience and I am pleased to hear that our staff and price stood out to you during your visit. We pay close attention to all of our feedback in achieving for our guests a nice place at a nice price, and a safe and comfortable environment while traveling. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience and we hope to see you next time you are in town.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Nice room. Pet friendly. Access to eating establishments. Convenient great for the price. Had king superior room nonsmoking.. Like no carpet floors since we do travel with a pet. Well lit to see vehicle from room.

• Stayed September 2012
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. It pleases us very much that our customers can count on us. The superior king rooms are the best! I appreciate your recommendation and very nice comments on our new rooms. We are finishing up the Virginia property renovations this year. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time you pass through Richmond, Virginia.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I can't say anything bad about this hotel. The staff were friendly, the rooms were fully renovated and lovely. The location is right off the highway, and right next to a gas station, which is ideal for those just stopping overnight. Nothing to complain about really. Would have been nice to have a fridge in our room, and the area has few food options, but I'd recommend this place in a second for anyone passing through for the night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. We are very happy your stay was “Great”. I very much appreciate your kind comments and recommendation. We are very excited you enjoyed our new rooms and our easy I-95 access for an overnight and back on the road in the morning. We do offer room types with fridges – about 50% of our rooms including our Superior King and Deluxe 2 bedded rooms. Maybe next time we can get you into one of those rooms. Thanks again, and we hope to see you in the near future.