“Good value, pet friendly”

Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Due to previous blood clots I now have to split up my 800 mile trip frpm SC to Connecticut. I got a fine rate on my room and was happy with all the amenities, especially the Wi-Fi..The Staff was friendly and helpful. The facility does appear upgraded and was well maintained inside and outside. They accepted both of my Beagles and the site is right off I-95, easy to find.No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 10sguru
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay with us. Our Good rates and amenities make staying with us a very good value. Our renovations upgraded the rooms & we continually work on the property to make it looks its best inside and out. Thank you also for the kinds words on my staff. Pet friendly brings a lot of guests – I am a pet lover and am glad we make it easier for families that are also pet lovers to keep them with on trips (and at no extra charge). Have a great summer and we hope to see you again soon on your next trip to SC or CT.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had booked this hotel as a mid-way point, and stayed one night in room 115. We were pleased with the price, the renovations and the experience with the front-desk staff. A small room, 115 contained a king bed, refrigerator, coffee maker and a microwave, along with a desk area with an impressively large work area. We had a great stay and so we booked this hotel on our way back. This time we were assigned room 149, a much inferior room, although at a higher price due to the holiday weekend. Checking in, we assumed that everything would be as good as it had been three days prior, so I didn't pay attention to the state of the room, simply changed and went out to dinner. I wish I'd paid closer attention because the toilet ran all night, the room was less than clean (hair all over the floors) and there was no fridge, micro or coffeemaker in the room. I can deal without most of those, but in-room coffee is a must-have. Our initial impression was so favorable that I have to assume that the second stay was an exception. We had to leave very early in order to beat Rolling Thunder to the capitol, so I didn't take time to talk to the front desk staff about our stay. However, on both occasions, the front desk staff were professional and very friendly and check in was conducted promptly.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your comments from both your experiences. Our Superior King is definitely our best room type with the microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker & the 37” flat screen. We do offer a room similar to your second stay that has a microwave and refrigerator in it, but only offer the coffee makers in our superior king rooms. I apologize that the room was not completely up to cleanliness standards and I can assure you I will work with that employee to make sure we get this in line. I appreciate the nice things you said about my desk staff. I hope we will see you again in the future to show you that the second stay was the exception. Have a great summer!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

For under $50, I got a very basic though clean room. It seemed like it had recently been renovated. This is good value! I got to the hotel around 12:30 am and at first I was a bit concerned about security (I had to talk to the receptionist through a "night window"). But everything was ok. The receptionist was friendly through the window. The $1.50 charge for the safe seems unnecessary and bad marketing as it puts off guests, but you can ask to have that removed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jmoslehi
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We thank you for giving Red Roof Inn the opportunity to be your lodging choice for a night. I am glad you appreciate the value – Good rates for a clean and comfortable renovated room. Friendly helpful staff that is thankful that you’re staying with us. For a few more dollars you can get a larger room with a microwave, refrigerator, and a 37” flat screen TV. We hope that on your next trip through Richmond you chose to stay with us again. Have a great May!!!

Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Renny makes check in a breeze.. always smiling very courteous and never a wait to get a room. she takes a little bit of pain out of business travel.

• Stayed: May 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. We are very thankful that you chose to stay with Red Roof Inns and appreciative that you continue to use us as your lodging choice in Richmond, Virginia. I am happy that Renny and my staff have made you feel welcome, comfortable, and have taken some of the pain out of traveling. It is our pleasure to serve you & the sooner we get you in a room with a smile the quicker you can relax after a day of business. Have a great May!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in April for 3 nights and were a little bit unsure of what the quality would be like, given the low price for the room. Luckily we were worrying about nothing - everything from reception staff to room cleanliness was really good. The room was clean, spacious (for the price!) and had everything we needed - including a microwave and fridge so we could store & heat our baby's food ourselves. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

We would like to thank you very much for giving Red Roof Inns Richmond South a try. We appreciate the very kind comments and for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves in working to provide every customer with a clean comfortable room at a good price. I see you are a senior contributor which makes your comments even more valuable to us. It was a please to have you as our guests and look forward to seeing you again if you are passing through Richmond.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We have attended the Nascar Race in Richmond for the past three years, all three years we have stayed at this Red Roof Inn. This is a great place to stay. The new updated rooms were great! Renny was working the front desk at check in and check out, she is very personable and friendly, she even call our room after check in to make sure things were good. Will stay here again when the need arises.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us. We love NASCAR weekend – a great group of people and a real fun weekend in Richmond. We appreciate the high marks & very positive remarks about Renny, but mostly that your stay was great. We are very thankful that you have chosen to come back the past couple years and especially now to experience our new rooms. Have a great summer. We look forward to seeing you again in September or Next April when it’s race time!!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

For the price and the efforts and friendliness of its staff, this place deserves a "4." I do not like the new mattresses they are putting in the rooms at this chain. This is my subjective opinion, of course, but I found it too hard and deadening. It does not allow much movement ((which may please some people) and the bedding is made up to display the cleanliness of the sheets . The top sheets come only up to halfway point of the length of the bed. However, compared to the horrible I experienced last night in Florence SC, it is a vast improvement. As for the location and cleanliness of the motel: it is just fine. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. It should be noted that though it is a non-smoking facility, they cannot control all of their guests. Not their fault.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay. We are very happy that your stay was “almost a home run”. We can appreciate you seeing the value in Red Roof Inns. We will continue to focus on keeping the rooms clean and maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. I will continue to working on improving the property so next time you “swing” by we can get across ‘home plate”.