Stayed two nights (Sat/Sun) on a recent long weekend. The hotel interior is looking tired, but our room was very clean. We had a suite with a spa, and it was spacious and had a door between the sleeping and lounge area which was important (toddler going to sleep early). The spa is a little odd in that it is in the lounge area. Turns out to be a good idea as it means you can relax in it while watching TV.
However, I would strongly recommend you do not stay in a room that overlooks the front entrance of the hotel. Our bedroom window (two floors up) looked directly over the hotel entrance. The window/wall was woefully inadequately soundproofed. As a result we had lots of street noise (cars) and worse, heard every single guest returning to the hotel on the Saturday night (especially those who'd been enjoying "refreshments" in town). As a result we were kept awake until well past midnight. There was also a lot of noise from outside the door due to proximity to the elevator.
The included breakfast was reasonably good with a few basic hot options included. The garage is extremely low and the parking spaces are tiny. Check beforehand if you have a large vehicle. The staff were friendly and we found the hotel to be good value overall.
I would recommend and would stay again, but only on the condition that our room was not overlooking the entrance due to noise issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel in downtown Richmond offers quality and convenience. Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Richmond, VA. Located in the heart of historic Richmond's River District, we offer corporate and leisure guests the best of the past and the future. Business travelers can appreciate our convenient Richmond, VA accommodations. Our hotel, situated in the heart of downtown Richmond, is close to businesses such as Wachovia Securities, the Virginia Biotechnology Research Park, Altria, Philip Morris, SunTrust Bank and Mead Westvaco, as well as other Fortune 500 companies. Virginia Commonwealth University is six blocks away. The Greater Richmond Convention Center is .4 miles. Your family will love staying at our hotel in Richmond, VA, located on Cary Street, because we are close to the Virginia Capitol Building, the Children's Museum and the Museum & White House of the Confederacy. Other nearby sights include the Virginia Holocaust Museum, the Landmark Theatre and VCU's Siegel Center. The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens offers visitors natural Virginia beauty at its finest. When you stay with us, you'll enjoy deluxe amenities including a 24-hour fitness center and a free Express Start breakfast. The free high-speed, wireless Internet access will keep you connected. The 24-hour business center has print, copy and fax services. Stay Smart in the heart of Richmond and check out our great Richmond hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond Hotel Richmond
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond
- Holiday Inn Richmond
- Richmond Holiday Inn