“It Does the Job”

Ranked #37 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“It Does the Job”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

First, let me say that finding a decent hotel in Richmond for a reasonable price isn't easy. I was attending an event at another hotel but it looked awful so I decided on this HIE instead. Very glad I did, although I absolutely HATE paying for parking.

Our room was big and clean, the bed was very comfortable, and breakfast was everything I needed (try the warm cinnamon rolls!). Breakfast ladies were friendly and on top of things. The area isn't the greatest, but I didn't feel unsafe either. The ladies working when I checked in and out were very friendly and helpful, as was our housekeeper. I wish it had been quieter (someone nearby blared the TV all night and there was a lot of door slamming and shouting) but that's more the fault of inconsiderate neighbors than a hotel issue.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear schraderj,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I appreciate your compliments regarding our rooms being clean and comfortable. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Each year that we participate in the Monument Avenue 10K, my friends and I stay at this hotel (and book VERY early) so we have easy access to the event. We reserve a room with a hottub, which is GREAT after an event like that. The staff is courteous, the breakfast is just what you'd expect from HIEx - and my husband and I always chow down on the cinnamon buns. As IHG members, we always receive that little extra special something, which is nice. Parking is a bit scary - we have a small car, which is a huge plus in that space. The rooms on the very top floor had water damage the last time we went, but we've never noticed issues like that on the other floors.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Louise B
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Parking under the building was small. Had to remind from desk of our package deal, and priority club membership! Room was old and musty, air conditioner was loud and annoying--breakfast was spare and not very good - not a great neighborhood-- would not go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Stacycaryn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Stacycaryn,

Thank you for being an IHG Club Rewards member and for writing us a review. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the room conditions has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Baltimore
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went to Richmond for a fulltime program at the Richmond Ballet. The sponsor obtained a discounted rate at the Holiday Inn Express. The facility was a walk of a few blocks from the hotel.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room looked north; it was quiet. Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and handsoap were provided daily. A full breakfast including an egg dish, sausages or bacon, muffins, and gravy were served from 6:30 to 9:30 am daily. WiFi was free throughout the facility. A business center and a health facility were available for 24 hours daily. Parking in the underground garage costs $10 daily.

This is the second year when I have returned to this hotel for my weeklong program at the nearby Richmond Ballet. I plan to return next year.

Room Tip: Rooms 18 and 19 face north away from the street. They are quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Pilot Mountain
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from 8/16/13 - 8/18/13, the front desk people were helpful and friendly, the free breakfast was a good start to your day and the housekeeping staff did a great job.
This was our first visit to Richmond and the location of the hotel seemed to be in a business area so while there were plenty restaurants close by we did not find any shops in walking distance.
We enjoyed walking by the Canal Walk.
Good value for money.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be quiet and clean.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fochse
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This Holiday Inn is very clean, neat, centrally located, & more reasonably priced than others nearby. The staff was excellent & very helpful. The continental breakfast is decent, there is a very nice outside plaza to sit on while eating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel was great location for my meetings in Richmond. The staff in the morning were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was great. I would recommend the hotel. The only issue I had was checking in. the young lady was spending more time talking on her personal cell phone then taking care of customers. I feel check in would have been faster.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business