“Leave your valuables at home.”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond I-95 South, VA
Ranked #54 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property for one night while passing through Richmond. We chose this location, despite the questionable reviews, because we had Club Carlson points and because it is situated directly off the highway. We knew we would be arriving late and leaving early, so decided those factors outweighed the negative reviews, even those regarding the safety of the area. Because of those reviews, though, I decided not to leave our new camera in the car and brought it in to the room with us. That was my first mistake. The second mistake came the next morning when I left the camera in the room and did not realize it until we were 10 minutes down the road. I immediately called the hotel and asked the front desk employee to check the room and grab the camera for me. He told me there was not a camera in the room. We turned around and went back to the hotel, and I asked for a key to check the room myself. No camera. We did not have time to question the employee further, and decided before we made any accusations we would check the car thoroughly. Still no camera. Okay, we thought, maybe in our rush to leave we left the camera at home. That was also not the case. At this point we began a series of emails, phone calls and letters to the GM of that property, as well as Country Inn Customer Care and Carlson Corporate. The GM had many theories as to what happened to the camera, but was not helpful or forthcoming with facts. Eventually, 16 days after the camera disappeared, a rep from Carlson Corporate called to tell me that the camera had reappeared and we eventually got it back. Now if it could only tell us where it was for those 2 weeks...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond I-95 South, VA, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Fiftyplus3,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We do sincerely apologize that your camera was lost for 2 weeks. We will share this information with our management team so as to improve in this area.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This served its purpose for a 1 night stay. It is no more than 5 min off of 95. Check in went smoothly. However I asked about my free room upgrade as a club carlson elite member and was informed by the woman at the front desk that the hotel was practically sold out and she did not have an upgraded room to give me. No more than 20 minutes later a man was offered a 1 bedroom suite.. so there WERE room upgrades available. Also, the parking lot was never more than 50% full, so lie #2. We woke early in the morning to check out and the lobby smelled absolutely awful. I don't know what it was and I don't want to know. I would only stay here again if I was REALLY desperate, but overall it was JUST ok.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was a great location and the rooms were quiet and nice. The staff was friendly and there were coockies and tea/coffee all day and night, in the lobby. They even had a lending book library. I will search these hotels out in my next search because they are a great price for the comfort level. They even had laundry facilities. I liked it!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Awful....room dark & smelled....run far away. Hotel is out of date and beds were lumpy. Lobby is the nicest part. The parking lot was EMPTY...should have known just from that. Checked in and checked right out. YUCK. Stayed in Embassy Suites down the road....MUCH better.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mcbduo
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond I-95 South, VA, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. We sincerely appreciate your feedback in regards to your recent stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Price was right! For less than $80 got a clean room and a good nights sleep. Breakfast buffet was ok, but could have been better. Pet friendly. Staff is pleasant and courteous. If you want a good nights sleep near Richmond and not have to ransom one of your kids, this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: For pet friendliness call the hnotel directly. 800 number says no pets! Book on line or through 800...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Good pillows and bed, which is MOST important to me. Carpet and bathroom were clean. Bathroom was large, the towels were thick, and amenities more than we needed. We got an excellent price, and would have paid more. The man at the desk when we arrived was very welcoming and referred us to a wonderful historic restaurant that we would never have found on our own. My husband and I would stay again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at short notice for one nights Excellent room, clean fresh and quiet. Breakfast was also excellent and varied. The hotel staff are friendly, knowledgeable and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast is varied and food levels high with much fresh fruit. It was a very warm day / night and the air conditioning on the second floor was not switched on making the floor very hot yet the room was cool but had an old type manual in room air-conditioner.
The stay was good and recommend. Close to the Interstate highway. Must say the hotel also owns and runs the adjacent gas station. I have never seen pumps and a filling area so clean with hand sanitizers at each pump - well done.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
La Quinta Inn Richmond South
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Chester, VA
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#60 of 82 in Richmond
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond West at I-64, VA
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond I-95 South, VA? Share your experiences!