“Ok for a one-night stay near 95”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
Ranked #59 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This served its purpose for a 1 night stay. It is no more than 5 min off of 95. Check in went smoothly. However I asked about my free room upgrade as a club carlson elite member and was informed by the woman at the front desk that the hotel was practically sold out and she did not have an upgraded room to give me. No more than 20 minutes later a man was offered a 1 bedroom suite.. so there WERE room upgrades available. Also, the parking lot was never more than 50% full, so lie #2. We woke early in the morning to check out and the lobby smelled absolutely awful. I don't know what it was and I don't want to know. I would only stay here again if I was REALLY desperate, but overall it was JUST ok.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was a great location and the rooms were quiet and nice. The staff was friendly and there were coockies and tea/coffee all day and night, in the lobby. They even had a lending book library. I will search these hotels out in my next search because they are a great price for the comfort level. They even had laundry facilities. I liked it!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Awful....room dark & smelled....run far away. Hotel is out of date and beds were lumpy. Lobby is the nicest part. The parking lot was EMPTY...should have known just from that. Checked in and checked right out. YUCK. Stayed in Embassy Suites down the road....MUCH better.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mcbduo
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. We sincerely appreciate your feedback in regards to your recent stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Price was right! For less than $80 got a clean room and a good nights sleep. Breakfast buffet was ok, but could have been better. Pet friendly. Staff is pleasant and courteous. If you want a good nights sleep near Richmond and not have to ransom one of your kids, this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: For pet friendliness call the hnotel directly. 800 number says no pets! Book on line or through 800...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Good pillows and bed, which is MOST important to me. Carpet and bathroom were clean. Bathroom was large, the towels were thick, and amenities more than we needed. We got an excellent price, and would have paid more. The man at the desk when we arrived was very welcoming and referred us to a wonderful historic restaurant that we would never have found on our own. My husband and I would stay again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at short notice for one nights Excellent room, clean fresh and quiet. Breakfast was also excellent and varied. The hotel staff are friendly, knowledgeable and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast is varied and food levels high with much fresh fruit. It was a very warm day / night and the air conditioning on the second floor was not switched on making the floor very hot yet the room was cool but had an old type manual in room air-conditioner.
The stay was good and recommend. Close to the Interstate highway. Must say the hotel also owns and runs the adjacent gas station. I have never seen pumps and a filling area so clean with hand sanitizers at each pump - well done.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights. The room was extremely well appointed. Plugs everywhere for electronics. Great tv. Big bathroom. Even a good breakfast with actual china and silverware except on the holiday weekend when the breakfast was chaos.

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
La Quinta Inn Richmond South
Candlewood Suites Richmond-South
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#66 of 82 in Richmond
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South? Share your experiences!