“A very good meal!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A very good meal!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Enoteca Sogno is a great little find. Although they have been open for nearly two years I didn't discover them until this evening. I went to the Northside Grill just a few doors down but they had a long waiting list so I thought I'd give Enoteca a try. Great cheeses! What a way to start. I also had the beet salad and the Osso Bucca. No wines tonight but I did have the cartelized chocolate pudding! The service was very pleasant and attentive.

2 Thank William L

Baltimore, Maryland
“What a wine list!!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

They must have had 75 Italian Reds. This is a definite must for people who like wines from Tuscany, Piedmonte, and other regions of Italy. I had a duck ragu that was delicious after an appetizer of red peppers and mozzarella (also great).

Visited November 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A Big Disappointment”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was visiting Richmond recently to see a friend and we decided to eat out but had not made reservations anywhere. He had heard Enoteca was very good and the reviews looked postive so we decided to try it. It was a Saturday night and we got reservations easily. When we arrived at the restaurant it was not crowded at all which was a surprise since the reviews seemed favorable. There was no ambiance. We both ordered fish and another friend who accompanied us ordered the seafood pasta. They each ordered one glass of wine, but I did not, only had water, since we had wine before we came. The fish portion was TINY and the only thing that came with the fish meal was a small, bland salad. The pasta seafood looked good and was more pleantiful but did not come with a salad or any other side, that had to be ordered separate. The bread was dry and hard and we had to ask the waiter for more(it was not offered) because our meals were so sparse. For three meals the total was over $90 not including tip. Ridiculous! We should have gone to Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill- the food is just as good and could have saved a lot of money!!!

• Visited August 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“A favorite still, with a few quibbles”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have been to the new location twice. The food remains as outstanding as ever, and the ambiance on North Side is even better than the rather drab stretch of Broad Street where the old location stood.

I wish I could give the spot 5 stars. The wine list deserves it, as do the entrees. I was taken aback by how a few prices for favorite entrees went up...a mushroom & pasta dish rings in at $18, far more than the same item at the old place. The cheese sampler has become laughably small and expensive, too, unlike the artisanal cheesy delights of yore that arrived in some quantity. We opted for the excellent antipasti last time. At $10, it was a value and actually consisted of some food.

We'll continue to go, but the economy and rents have taken a pinch on this fine spot. I'm glad to see the owner about explaining wine pairings, as always. The staff far helpful and know the food, and they now mix a few cocktails (quite well). So some fine tuning remains to be done.

#1: Bring on MORE CHEESE.

• Visited May 2012
“Loud but great dining”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The chef brings a variety of specials and new wines to try, making this a fun place to re-visit. I find the service to be on the slow side, however this isn't the sort of place to dine in a hurry. The gnocchi is my favorite, mostly because it is such a pain to prepare at home, however everything I have tried as been very good. My husband raves about a generous seafood pasta; I'm not sure there are any creatures left in the ocean after looking at his plate.

• Visited April 2012

Been to Enoteca Sogno? Share your experiences!