“There were twenty fingernail marks across the floor where they had to drag us outa this place!!!”
Review of Enoteca Sogno

Enoteca Sogno
Ranked #257 of 1,643 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We were working in Richmond and conversing with some locals about some of Richmond's best eateries when someone mentioned Enoteca Sogno. It was just around the corner from "Dot's Back Inn" -- a fave eatery we discovered on the Food Network, and we were nearby, so we decided to check it out. The scallop appetizer was phenomenal and my rockfish entree with side of pasta was the best tasting meal I have had in years. We shared a bottle of the house Lambrusco and my wife ordered the fettucini bolognese and we split a huge portion of authentic tiramisu with a pair of cappucinos on the back side. When the bill came, it was $41.20 -- I was stunned. I've paid that price for only the bottle of wine at other places. I actually considered NOT posting a review because I was reluctant to share this secret, but this place is off the beaten path and deserves kudos and recognition. Atmosphere aside, I've traveled across the US and to more than 80 different countries and it's safe to say that Enoteca Sogno is on my global Top Ten list. Check it out -- you will NOT be disappointed.

1  Thank duffpilot

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We tried Enoteca Sogno not knowing anything except it had Italian cuisine and were quite surprised to find such great food in a storefront restaurant. Others found the Sausage Rappini excellent, I thought the mixed seasfood pasta was marvelous, but one person thought the the pesto was rather dry and plain. As others have noted the wine list is extensive but the white was served without a cooler. Unforunately the noise level of the main area was extreme and even in the bar area too loud to completely enjoy the meal.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I have recently started dining out once a month with another couple as we are all foodies. We each take turns picking restaurants and then we judge the quality and quantity with the emphasis on taste. This restaurant far surpassed any ot the others we have tried so far. The presentation was great but the taste was superb. The selection of wines was a little overwhelming so we allowed our waitress to pick for us. She did admirally and her direction to choices for entrees was right on. We all got a different entree and were all pleased though the mushroom pasta with truffle oil was the favorite. Pleasant company with grat food and service-it doesn't get any better!!!!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Food is amazing. Been twice, both times outstanding food and service.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

We went to the Sogno for my wife's birthday and I'm so glad I hit a home run with the choice. The service was absolutely fantastic. The waiter was extremely helpful and seemed to know exactly what we needed just as we realized it. The food is simple, but delicious. The mushrooms packed a mountain of flavor. The antipasto selections were varied. They even had our favorite white wine Falanghina on the menu which is hard to find. To conclude the fabulous meal we were treated to a complimentary dessert of salted caramel which is to die for. The Sogno is perfect for those living on the northside or for anyone seeking authentic Italian.