“Open mouth, insert foot”

Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
Ranked #36 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
swansboro, north carolina
“Open mouth, insert foot”
Reviewed October 2, 2006

Back from our trip to Richmond and Oops, this trip we must have been mistaken for the wicked stepmothers. I think we were put in a room that hasn't been occupied for a long time. The tub had some mold around the chalking and-----the coffee pot in the room had some----old---coffee stuck to the bottom of it which made me not want coffee for the rest of the day. I think the pot was rinsed out, but this stuff just stuck to the bottom..The bed was comfortable, the rest of the room was clean and the staff is still courteous. Good selection at the breakfast bar. Not as impressed this visit as the last.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank sethis1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 9, 2004

I normally don't patronize the Holiday Inn chain, since I've found that Choice Hotels are just as ood for a bit less. But, when I was travling with relatives through Richmond, they chose the HI Express. We actually spent half the night getting lost in Richmond. We returned to the motel at about 2:00AM only to be woken by the alarm clock about two hours later. It turns out that someone had set the wrong time on the thing. The room itself was clean and roomy, and I was impressed with the wide selection of TV channels. If I can get a good deal I'd probably stay again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed March 31, 2004

Whenever I am in the Richmond area I stay at this hotel. The hotel is close to I64 and West End shopping and entertainment. The hotel staff is always courteous and professional. I particularly enjoy the elaborate continental breakfast that is offered to the guests each morning.

4 Thank NCCatch222
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 11, 2003

We just got back from staying at Holiday Inn Express Richmond-Innsbrook. It was a nice hotel with a great continental breakfast. The rooms were good size and clean. I am always nervous about staying away from home but I was very comfortable there. It is in a safe area with a resturaunt right next door which was nice. The staff was very nice and helpful with directions and such. We were there for the Nascar race and the hotel was filled with race fans yet I never heard any noise (which drunk race fans usually make a lot of!). The prices for race weekend were almost double regular rates but that's expected. They were not listed on the website so make sure you call to get the race rates. The breakfasts were great....the cinnamon rolls are out of this world. The woman taking care of the breakfast area was especially nice. Our room was not ready on time but that was the only trouble we had in the four days we were there. I would recommend it to anyone!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump
Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area? Share your experiences!