“Nice Facility - good place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Fairfax County, Virginia
“Nice Facility - good place to stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just what a traveler needs - clean room, convenient location, pleasant staff and a good breakfast. One drawback - no fitness room. There is easy access to a small fitness room but it isn't in the same building.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Melissa D,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall, but do apologize that our lack of a fitness room was an inconvenience; we do indeed offer complimentary access to the fitness center at our sister property next door. Otherwise, I'm happy that you had a clean and comfortable stay and we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond. Thanks again for your feedback!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for a second time on my way back home from a family vacation in MA. The front desk staff was very accomidationing from the moment we checked in. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The breakfast had a good varierty and was great before we got back on the road. I would highly recommend this hotel as the perfect place to stay when passing through the area. The location, right off of the interstate is perfect! We will plan to make this an annual stop on our way home from the Cape!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Michele A,

Thank you for your review and I'm very happy to hear you had a great stay from check-in to check-out! I hope you enjoyed your trip and am glad that you had a comfortable, clean stay and liked our complimentary breakfast so much. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Reamstown, PA
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed one night at the Holdiay Inn Express Northwest in August. Our daughter is attending UR and this is the 3rd time staying at this hotel. We have never had any problems during our stay there. Friendly staff, comfortable clean rooms, and a decent hot breakfast. We'll be staying here next time we need a room in Richmond.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear ceiding,

We appreciate you reviewing our Holiday Inn Express and are very happy that our location near the University of Richmond has been convenient for you and your family. I'm also happy to read that you always find our staff friendly and have a clean, comfortable stay. I hope you had a nice visit with your daughter; we look forward to seeing you again soon!

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Family stayed overnight in two rooms paid for with rewards points... rooms were on the same floor just a few doors from each other. Pillows were somewhat lacking, very small for a king size bed... and you're each provided one "soft" and one "firm" per side. They both felt the same to me. Concrete floors/ceilings made for a quiet room on the 2nd floor, with no discernible noises coming from the room directly above.

Room Tip: End of halls are best for quietness.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Jeff E,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express. While I'm glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay overall, I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding our pillows and our team will be sure to discuss your comments as we aim to provide the most comfortable experience we can. Otherwise, we are happy to hear your stay was a quiet one. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you during your next visit to the area!

Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have to say I was very impressed with this Holiday Inn Express.
The rooms were very nice and clean. Thank you to Joanne at the front desk for being so nice and making sure we had everything we needed. Thanks to Lori for making sure we had a nice breakfast each morning. Such a sweet lady. I will stay there again. Great location! Close to everything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear WB1516,

Thank you for your review and I'm delighted to read that you had a great all-around stay! We're also glad you found our staff so friendly and accommodating and that our location was so convenient for your needs. Thanks again and we can't wait for your next visit!

Christiansburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I actually made a reservation with Fairfield online, got my confirmation, etc. When I arrived, I had no room there; however, they had saved a room at this holiday inn (also a Marriott hotel) for me. While I truly appreciated this, I would have rather received a phone call so I could make other arrangements. I typically don't love most Holiday Inns when I stay there. This is the average Holiday Inn. Check in was slow but very friendly. My room (134) was not great. The carpet was actually sticky and felt so weird that I kept my shoes on, and the bathtub drain was somehow broken. The pillows were not great, either. I did have the breakfast, and it was pretty good - standard hotel breakfast buffet. I did notice the employee who was there working at the buffet sat at a table reading a kindle or iPad of some sort for almost the entire time I was there... Unusual, but maybe that's allowed though if nothing pressing needs to be done. Overall, I'm quite disappointed in the whole reservation snafu and not getting a phone call from Fairfield when the problem was noticed. This must be a Marriott web site issue that allows booking a room despite the hotel already being fully booked.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kimberly3810
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Kimberly3810,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that the issues you have raised about the carpet and the bathtub drain will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I confirmed my reservation numerous times, both online as well as with a member of the front desk staff. Two beds were necessary and had they not been available I would have booked elsewhere. I was assured the room would have two beds and be in non-smoking. When I arrived I was given a room with one double bed. I spoke with the front desk staff and said that was all they had. When asked why I was not called and notified of the change to my reservation I was not given an answer. They offered a rollaway bed which hardly even fit in the room, HUGE fire code and safety issue. After driving for over 8 hours and having to drive even more the next day, as well as having a bad back, this was unacceptable. The girl at the front desk when I checked in was polite and friendly but did not seem to have much knowledge regarding hotel procedures. However, the front desk agent I had spoken with on the phone the day before was extremely rude and unprofessional. I have stayed numerous times at the #1 Holiday Inn Express in North America and now I truly understand why it ranks where it does, especially if all of the others are run the same way as this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kj3083
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Kj3083,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel; I'd like to sincerely apologize for the mix-up regarding your reservation and for the inconvenience caused, as well as that our staff was not able to resolve the situation to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves in providing great service and our team will discuss your review immediately to improve the way we handle such situations in the future. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. I am glad to see, however, that you rated our location and cleanliness highly and hope that you will give us another opportunity on your next trip to Richmond to show how much we value our guests. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

(434) 822-2161
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area? Share your experiences!