“Convenient for our needs good location off 64”

Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
Ranked #38 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel one night over the Memorial Day weekend. We were attending a party for a friend and needed a convenient place to stay near Shortpump. Check in was great very friendly front desk personnel. The hotel was quiet, clean with the exception of a long hair left under the soap in the tub.. But I am not one to hold that one slip up against a place. .. Beware the safety coating on the tub will nearly scrape the skin off your bum! ... The room was spacious, the ac worked well and there was the convenience also of the micro fridge. My one disparaging remark is one I consider a biggie... The pillows need replacing badly ! What we had were four pillows w hundreds of small lumps !!!!! Impossible for management to miss if really on top of things.. We didn't partake in the free breakfast so can't comment on that.. Web preferred the Starbucks right across the parking lot! There is also an OCharlies restaurant across the parking lot as well .. Location to interstate was great! All in all this is an average to slightly above average HIE. I would stay again given the convenience of the location but I would def bring my own pillow !!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank patty w
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear vagabondCvilleva,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and found our location to be very convenient for your needs. We do appreciate your feedback as well and I will pass your comments on to our General Manager for discussion - if you'd like to discuss any of it further, please get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, I hope that next time you'll be able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and we hope to see you again soon!

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

microwaves and fridges in the rooms plus complimentary breakfast is a plus, very friendly staff, clean rooms and right off the highway. I recommend this hotel, if you are in Richmond West. Rates are also accessible. Well maintained.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank JustLes27
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear JustLes27,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed many of our amenities & complimentary breakfast and that you found our location so convenient. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

While our stay in the final room was ended up in was clean and comfortable, the others before it seemed to require minor repairs. We had to change rooms 2 times upon check-in as the first room the water regulation in the bathroom faucet sink was stuck on hot only and the second room the light switch would not turn on. These were not major things, but a little attention to the detail on the behalf of the staff would have benefited the stay. The third room did have an issue with the light by the bed that the PM staff did not understand, but the AM maintenance man repaired it quickly on request while we were out. The breakfast and amenities were good and up to the Holiday Inn express standard. If you decide to stay here I would only suggest that you check over the water and light switches before you settle in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lizzy2005
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear lizzy2005,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your stay and I'd like to apologize for the issues you encountered with our guest rooms. However, I am happy to see that you ended up in a room that met your expectations and the light issues were quickly fixed - we do welcome your feedback and will discuss it so we can try to avoid similar issues for our future guests. If you'd like to discuss your experience further, please get in touch with me at the number below. Thanks again for your review and we do hope you'll choose us again the next time you visit Richmond.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was here with my teenaged son and his soccer team for a recent weekend. This hotel was exceptionally clean, the bed was comfortable and the room layout very convenient (nice desk, new tv, microwave, fridge). There is no fitness center on the premises but guests can use the fitness center at one of the adjoining hotels(for free) or drive to the "Y" a few miles away. There is a Starbucks across the street and many good restaurants in the area. My son liked the free breakfast!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear dysphorichousewife,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express and I hope your son's team did well while you were here! We are indeed right by Starbucks and many other restaurants so I'm happy to hear you could take advantage of our location and that you enjoyed our amenities and complimentary breakfast so much. Thanks again & we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times for business. Most recent was this week.

Evening desk staff was very polite and helpful.

Consistent location . Clean and convenient to Innsbrook and Short Pump.

Couple of restaurant choices near by.

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the back side away from gaskins road
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank w8n4simplertimes
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear w8n4simplertimes,

It's always great to hear from our repeat guests. I'm glad to hear that you find our staff helpful and the location great. We are indeed near many restaurants and shopping locations so there is always plenty to do. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we'll see you on your next visit!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My family recently stayed at this property when visiting the Richmond area. Our experience with this hotel was wonderful. The property was well maintained and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was one of the best we've had at a hotel. The value was great. We will defiantly use and recommend this property to others!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michele A
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Michele A,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property and am glad to hear that you had a great experience. We take pride in the service of our staff and appreciate recognition for their work. We look forward to your next stay at our hotel!

www.dalyseven.com

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I just stayed here over the weekend and there were several roaches in our room. We went to tell management and another customer came down with a roach in a tissue complaining of the same problem. We were able to switch rooms but encountered the same problem along with ripped sheets, a heater that only blew cold air, and a non-working phone. I will never patronize this location nor a Holiday Inn in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear pabell13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to read about the issues you encountered during your stay, but would like to stress that this is not a typical issue regarding our property and after subsequent checking up we have not encountered any further problems or guest reports similar to what you have reported. Cleanliness is one of our greatest priorities and we strive to provide a satisfactory experience for our guests in all aspects.

Again, I would like to apologize and hope that you will give our property and Holiday Inn Express another chance on your next visit.