“Good overnighter”

Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
NC
“Good overnighter”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Friendly & professional desk staff. Clean facilities & room. Comfortable bed. Good value & easy access.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Herndon, VA
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This was a good, clean hotel, and good value. Robert at the front desk was wonderful - especially friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a nice added value. Good location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have stayed at many HIE in the country. This one was a great as always if not better. Yes, it is your standard, no frills hotel, but it is consistent. We stayed on Christmas night for two nights. Joann at the front desk was exceptionally friendly, nice, and hospitable. SHe gave us water upon check in and was just super friendly. The beds were comfy and breakfast was enjoyable. This is our second stay at this particular HIE and we would definitely recommend it. It's very convenient to I64 and downtown Richmond.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Nothing flashy, just everything working, everyone nice, and everything clean. No issues whatsoever with my stay. Recommended!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Perkasie, PA
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We recently stayed one night on our way from Annapolis, MD on our way to Farmville, VA. We were visiting colleges and there were no hotels available in Farmville, VA so we decided to stay here.

Very nice hotel. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Large clean rooms,

Great Holiday Inn Express breakfast in the morning, with pancakes, sausage gravy, biscuits, fresh fruit, breads and cereals. The breakfast staff was very diligent in restocking items.

Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Park Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The room was clean, we had a room with two queen beds. The employee at the registration desk was very friendly. The employee let me store the car's hitch mounted basket cargo carrier in the hotel's office (so I didn't have to leave it on the car overnight). The continental breakfast was included with the room and included waffles, juices, coffee, cereals, toast, bagels and fruit. It was a decent continental breakfast. You could pay more for eggs. The hotel had a swimming pool; but we were not there long enough to use the pool.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I live in Richmond but stayed here for 4 nights in July while having some repair work done at home. This is a nifty, clean, and well run hotel. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast is a little weak, as these things tend to be, but there is a Starbucks across the street. The hotel welcomes pets for a very reasonable extra fee but it appears to limit the number of pets on site at any given time. Guests with pets seem to be assigned rooms in one part of the hotel only, leaving the rest of the hotel relatively pet free. I have a small beagle so I was glad for the pet policy but I understand not everyone likes to be around pets. This way, everyone's happy! O'Charley's Restaurant is next to the hotel. Although the hotel is easy on/off I-64 and Broad Street, it's very quiet. Short Pump Town Center and the many higher end strip malls that surround it are nearby. I'd readily recommend this hotel to any friends or relatives visiting the area. Richmond itself (historical sites, etc.) is about 12 miles east of here down I-64 (easy drive) or, if you like traffic, Broad Street. The University of Richmond is about 5-6 miles from here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo