“Love this find!”

Cross street: Norton
Richmond, Virginia
“Love this find!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This is right down the street from my childs school. We tried this out one evening and found a relaxing atmosphere with great wait and a out of this world menu. The venison was juicy, cooked to perfection! We really lived the use if in season veggies like spaghetti squash. It is pricy but well worth it!

1 Thank Sylviesbluebird

Richmond, Virginia
“Brunch is fantastic here!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've been here several times for brunch and it's hands down my favorite brunch place in Richmond. the cocktails are fantastic and the food is amazing. I've had biscuits, grits, chicken fried pheasant... they've all been incredibly good. Also, this is the cutest spot with a true RVA vibe. Love this place!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank troischiens
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Richmond Keeps On Getting Better”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Another fine restaurant ,Magpie has Richmond keeping on getting better.In the past eight years some of the finest places to eat outside of Charleston ,SC. have popped up in Richmond,VA. I don't know where all these great chefs are coming from but I sure am glad they make central Virginia home.Richmond keeps on getting better.
At the Magpie on Leigh Street just down the road from the Redskins training camp one can choose from an eclectic choice of great dishes. I had one gourmet hamburger with housemade ketchup ,housemade mustard , cheese ,and a homemade bun. Along with this delight I had a Virginia Highland Malt Whisky that ranks with the best single malt Scotch .Magpie seats a limited number so call for reservations.Also check to see which days they are open.
A knowledgable bartender,great service,and the right kind of atmosphere add to the Magpie.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Woodstock46
Richmond, VA, USA
“Different experience”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had a deal from Groupon so we took advantage of it. I will affirm other people's comments. It is definitely a small nicely decorated restaurant with unique décor and cuisine that is a change of pace with eclectic combinations and food you can't find anywhere else in Richmond. The small restaurant is reasonably quiet that allows clients to be able to talk and the slow service gave us more time than we wanted. There are limited choices on the menu. This may be a once in a lifetime experience, at least I intend for it to be for me because I do not intend to go back. Unique and eclectic do not equal good quality and value especially when you have to wait so long for it. The cost in time waiting and dollars is too high for the quantity and quality of the food. Nothing really bad about our experience other than the slowness. Do not go here if have something else to do afterward! I gave the Magpie a 4 rating because it is definitely not "average." It may be worth doing once but I do not intend to see if it is worth doing twice.

• Visited September 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good Things Come in Small Packages”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited Magpie Restaurant while visiting a friend on our way back home. It is very small (around 20 tables and bar seats) and is nicely decorated. The serving staff is very professional and accommodating. We had reservations and in spite of heavy patronage for a Sunday Brunch our table was ready when we arrived. We had looked at the Menu on the web and picked out some candidates only to find it had been completely changed when we arrived. The waiter stated the Chef is quite inventive and changes the menu frequently. We had their signature Bacon Hush Puppies with Tomato Relish which were good. We also tried the Hard Boiled Egg and Pig Head torchon and the scrambled eggs with onions, cheese and radishes served on French Bread and a side of Rosemary Grits. Both dishes were good and unusual. So if you are looking for a change of pace give it a try.

• Visited August 2013