“Miss the old goat”

The Blue Goat
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Blue Goat is a Euro-Gastropub, featuring euro comfort food, sourced locally, in a nose to tail concept. Chef Kevin LaCivita.Gastropub: A bar or restaurant that serves high quality food.Euro Comfort Food: The foods traditionally served in a European home setting. Moms meatloaf in the US.Nose to Tail: The tradition of utilizing all parts of the animal in cooking.Local: Defined by the USDA as a day's driving distance. Defined by the localvore movement as, 100 miles.We encourage our guests to order multiple plates and share them family style as they come out from the kitchen.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Bland offerings. Needed zest, spice. Not the interesting menu it used to offer. Too bad. Great beer choices, though.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Even though they changed the menu the food here is still top notch. The service was friendly and ambiance bistro-like. The pork shank alone is worth a trip to Richmond. A great find.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

There were a lot of changes in the menu since the last time I was in. Also there was no list of the local sources they use for foods so I am wondering how much of their focus has changed. A lot I think.

The food was good. Wine selection by the glass was limited and with a number sold out by 730 on a Saturday night. Service was just fair. Witress made errors on the check.

My friend's grouper was good and tender. The plate as so large it made the serving look very small. The clam pizza was different and interesting. Another friend liked her burger which was cooked just how she asked but she did not like the slaw. If you like creme brulee you may want to have this dish explained to you as it is not at all like any other creme brulee any of us have seen.

I will certainly go back for the convenience and the food is good.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Horribly disappointing. We tried this restaurant when it first opened and other than the unusual menu, it was ok. Came for an early dinner. Wow, where do I begin? Unfriendly bartender, no suggestions, and here is where I get honest: I ordered a salad that was absolutely drenched in the most harshly garlic infused oil that left me feeling guilty for not being able to put another bite in my mouth. My husband will torlerate a lot as a past waiter and he is looking at me like, where did Peking go.? The old plcar that sat here years ago. So sorry to poo-poo a place but B-A-D.

Look at my reviews-I do not complain - ever. This expierience stood ou as profoundly bad

2  Thank Kiki2319
3RMefford, General Manager at The Blue Goat, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

I am sorry for your unfortunate experience at the Blue Goat. Your experience is in no way indicative of a typical experience at any of our restaurants. Please feel free to reach out to me personally. I would love to have you back in as my guest and show you the true Blue Goat Experience. Ren Mefford Director of Operations EAT Restaurant Partners. ren.mefford@eatrestaurantpartners.com

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We don't get here often, but I love coming here. Always original offerings, well prepared and presented. Good service and always a great drink menu. Seasonal, local and fresh. Any time we're in Richmond we try to get back to the Blue Goat!