“Richmond is officially a foodie town with this place!!”
Review of HogsHead Cafe

HogsHead Cafe
Ranked #12 of 1,638 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My family has eaten here several times - most recently my wife and I ate at the bar, and each time we've tried something different and haven't been disappointed. Several items are unique and amazing: The Hog Nachos are the best nachos I've ever had, anywhere, and I travel frequently - try them, you will not be disappointed. Also, the fresh squeezed drinks (limeade, lemonade, and my favorite - the Arnold Palmer) are addictive - no free refills, but they give you plenty. Oysters are the best in town, burgers can be split among two people, amazingly, tuna special is very fresh - this is not a classic BBQ joint. The staff are very friendly, treat you like family without being smothering. Homeade desserts, if you can handle them, are heavenly.

Fresh ingredients, nice people, unique items make this the best restaurant in Richmond.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We visited the HogsHead Cafe the first week they opened and have been back MANY times since. A small storefront restaurant with BIG personality. The staff is very friendly & on top of things without overcrowding you..always ready with a suggestion on something new to order. And the food is some of the best I've ever had! The meats are smoked to perfection, ribs that fall off the bone & melt in your mouth. They offer a wide variety of homemade sides, as well as the traditional fries & salads. Generous portions and reasonably priced. Well worth visiting!!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I ate at Heads Head Cafe on Saturday, September 21 at 4PM. We each had the wonderful she-crab soup, and the oyster dinner. The oysters were perfectly cooked. They were moist, tender and very flavorful. The fries were very good. As one of my sides I got a Caesar salad. I have to say that Hogshead Caesar’s dressing is by far the best I’ve ever had – and my wife agreed! Service was very good. Highly recommend Hogshead to anyone and we can’t wait to return.

1  Thank 1967foodie
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Never even knew this place existed! Found it on trip advisor and so glad I did. It's a small place, but the food was out of this world. They have the best hush puppies ever, macaroni and cheese and barbecue was delicious. The ribs were fall off the bone tender. We will definitely go back again!

1  Thank Kirk S
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Because of the very favorable reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to try this restaurant for dinner, September 19th. We think that you should try it also. We're confident that you, too, will enjoy the experience. The meaty ribs were, in fact, falling off the bone. They were reasonably priced and generously apportioned. Both my wife and I went home with a heavy box of food we couldn't finish there but we did enjoy the next day. Make sure you try the side dishes. They were good beyond our expectations.