“Delicious dinner.”

HogsHead Cafe
Ranked #11 of 1,608 Restaurants in Richmond
“Delicious dinner.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I enjoyed a delicious dinner here. We were told the wait would be 30 minutes, but were pleasantly surprised to be called inside in less than 10. Yes, the restaurant is small, but the seating is comfortable and we did not feel like we were packed in. The service was very good...fast enough that we did not feel neglected, and slow enough that we did not feel rushed and were able to enjoy the evening. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, but the atmosphere was upbeat without being loud.
Trying to be "good", I had a tasty house salad topped with a generous amount of pulled pork with balsamic viniagrette dressing. My son enjoyed his cuban sandwich with a side of potato salad. My husband's pulled pork was delicious like mine. He got greens on the side which were perfectly seasoned. His other side was sweet potato fries. They were the best we've had anywhere...crispy on the outside with tender sweet potato on the inside. Yummy! We will definitely return!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank bbp2010

“Food is amazing, service is less than stellar”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food here is always great. You have to arrive early on lunch days or you won't get a table. The service is not that good; it seems they are mainly a catering company so they don't care about service. Seriously though, the food is amazing and worth it.

• Visited May 2013
Midlothian, Virginia
“very very good food and a lot of it :)”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Once a week I good to visit my dad in the West end... I like to take him somewhere new each time, and asked friends to suggest some places.. I was told about HogHead Cafe and we decided to check it out... I was so glad we did.. It is a small restaurant with limited seating, but worth the wait if there are no tables.. Food is so good. Side dishes are excellent... BBQ is probably one of the best I have ever had.(and a lot of it) ...Blackberry cobbler was also excellent.. .We liked the place so much we went the following week. This place is definitely worth the trip :)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Pjtime
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

After reading reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to try this for my birthday dinner. So glad I did. The food was delish. It is a small restaurant with limited seating but I arrived on a Tuesday at around 5:30 and there wasnt a wait. All the food including apps arrived piping hot to the table. My party tried the fried hush puppies, crab and shrimp dip, bbq ribs, fried shrimp dinner and shrimp po boy. Our sides included candied yams, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, fried apples, and french fries. No one was disappointed. there are items not on the menu so check the blackboard. I also had the banana pudding, OMG. Our server was attentive and the food arrived quickly.

• Visited July 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Great food! Friendly service! A gem in RVA's West End!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

HogsHead Cafe has become one of our go to places in Richmond because the food is simply incredible. It offers some of the best BBQ in Richmond and the side dishes are simply unmatched in town. They also offer delicious salads. The only drawback to the experience is that on occasion the wait for a table can be significant. I guess that's a small price to pay for such a wonderful meal.

Visited June 2013