“May Visit Again”

Pg Bbq #1
Ranked #863 of 1,647 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We've passed by this restaurant many times and decided to give it a try today, we were somewhat pleased with the food. Very small restaurant and we arrived close to lunchtime so within a few minutes it was packed. Friendly waitress who checked on us several times even when they got busy. My wife had the chicken tender platter with coleslaw and butter beans, she said everything was good. I had a large sliced BBQ, it was good but since it cost close to $7.00 I felt it was overpriced and after adding an order of fries I spent close to $10....more than my wife spent for a full meal. We may go again but I'll have to order something other than just a BBQ sandwich.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Pit stop off 95N on long road trip with 2 kids. Server was so sweet. Small mom and pop place, BBC was pretty good, sauce was best. Got a platter for all to share, ribs were amazing, meat fell off bone and cornbread yummy. They had a Disney movie playing on their tv so the kids were entertained. Bought a sauce to take home. Don't understand why the bad reviews. This place was perfect for us!

1  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Bought a family pack of pork b b q and it was so dry and nasty! $25 dollars down the drain! When i was cleaning up,i opened the bag it came in to throw trash in and there was a little roach in the bag! No Thanks!!! If you like this,you don't know b b q !

1  Thank David D
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My hubby and I saw this place as we were driving through and thought we would give it a try. It looked kind of like a "hole-in-the-wall" type of place on the outside, but was actually really nice inside. It had a nice little seating area inside as well as a patio outside. The prices were great, and the bbq (my husband and I each go bbq sandwiches) was good. Nothing extraordinary, but definitely not bad. We will be stopping in again sometime! :)

Reviewed December 29, 2012

i had high expectations for this place based on looks alone; i just knew the bbq would be delicious. it wasn't. the beef brisket was dry and lacked any kind of flavor. my husband's chicken was tender but he said it seemed like it wasn't freshly cooked, like it had been warmed in the microwave. the ribs didn't taste bad but would have been better if the bbq sauce was tasty. they were skimpy with the bbq sauce and it was too sour - way too much vinegar. i prefer sweet sauces. lastly, don't expect too much from the mac n cheese, it's fresh out the box. the string beans weren't bad though. if you want some good bbq, look elsewhere.

1  Thank GlobetrotterGoals