“Not very Impressive.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Buffalo, New York
“Not very Impressive.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

I stayed here for one night earlier this week via priceline. When i found out I was stying at a Homestead I was curious to see what an "Extended Stay" room was like. Well ,when I walked in the girl at the front desk was sitting back with her feet up and "chomping" on a piece of gum- when she saw me she slowly got up and walked up to the computer and started typing,..it was a good minute before she even adressed me standing there. She asked my last name and got a puzzled smirk on her face as she searched for my name. I told her i had made the rez on priceline a little earlier in the night and she told me I was "lucky she was there " because she was doing "her audit" and if somebody else was there they might not have been able to find my name and i coulda had "alot of problems". So, needless to say I was not very impressed with the staff right off the bat and the lobby was not anything to write home about, .thats for sure. I got to my room and it did seem to be pretty clean, old but clean. I didnt have much use for the stove but i guess it was nice to have a large fridge and microwave. The bed was probably one of the worst i have slept in- not dirty but just old and uncomfortable. The A/C was not on when I entered the room so it was stifling hot as it was over 90 deg that day. Now generaly i wouldnt mind that so much but even with lowering the thermostat as low as i could...it took forever to cool off and it just didnt get as cool as it should have ( i am someone who likes it really cold when I sleep and in a hotel room this is typicaly easy to accomplish but not here ) . The size of the room was decent but i honestly expected more and it just didnt have a very "homey" feel to it....i would say as somebody else explained in their review ,..it had more of a low rent apartment complex feel to it. All in all i would say its an ok place but certainly nothing more than that.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rockets300516

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Greensboro,NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2008

I stayed here for one night on business in Richmond area. Chose this place because of the low rate ($89) during a time when Hilton & Marriott owned properties were $150+.

This is designed for “extended stay” and the studio unit had a kitchen. It is a small room and I don’t like the idea of sleeping in the kitchen as the bed is only a few feet away. Although the room looked cleaned, you wonder how much food stuff is built up around the room.

Also, as “extended stay”, I ran into people with their dogs in the hall.

The staff was particularly courteous and helpful. And again, the room looked clean and everything seemed to work. But remember to bring shampoo.

Overall, it felt like staying in a low-rent apartment complex. Not the best option in the Richmond area.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank PeterFNYNC

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2007

I stayed here for three days and two nights attending a business function in the City of Richmond. There was not a single thing wrong with the hotel. Everything went smoothly. I was very impressed with the service and condition of the hotel.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2007

If you are looking for a TRUE "like home" stay. You must stay at
Hometead Suites Arboretum in Richmond, Va. They truely had every ammenity advertised on the website. The room was very clean, well lit, and THE WINDOWS OPEN! I prefer to cook my own food and they provided everything except the food. There is a bar b que area and small park like area on site, so the kids were able to go outside and run around in fair safety. My family and I LOVED our stay so much they are our first choice of hotel when traveling to Virginia. The staff was very helpful and kind as well. Wonderful place truely. Oh, recommend getting the one bedroom suite if you have a space concern. The studio suite are a little small but not terribly.

• Liked — You can choose to or not to receive house keeping services. And it's like home.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2006

We stayed for only one night and didn't even want to use the shower. The room was dirty and and house cleaning was noisy and rude. We were in non-smoking and still smelled smoke. The hallways smelled. We do not recommend staying here. Gross!!

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank traveler65356552635
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2005

I have stayed at other Homestead Studios in other states and never had any problems, but at this particular location both of my stays has been a nightmare.
I stayed at this hotel twice in the last year, and I should have learned my lesson the first time I stayed. I had reservations for 4 days, and when I arrived I was worried because I found out that at this particular location people are actually allowed to make this hotel their home and to live for as long as they want!
Everyone knows people act worst when they are at home, so I braced myself for the worst, and sure enough I wasn't in my room for an hour before I heard yelling, doors slaming, ect. To make a long story short the first night I got about 4 hours of sleep because of the crazy noise levels and that was even with me having a large box fan to drown out hotel noises! The second night was no better, so I checked out two days early and got my money back. My vacation was ruined!

This last time I stayed, I figured Management would have dealt with the noise issues from a year ago, so I only booked for 1 night just to see. And this time I carried TWO box fans into the room and had both fans running and still was kept up until about 1am in the morning from the noise of arguments and unruly children running up and down the halls and slamming the doors repeatedly! I checked out the next morning and will never be back!!!!

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Express
Quality Inn West End
Quality Inn West End
#39 of 81 in Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike

Been to Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum? Share your experiences!