Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
Ranked #73 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Thomasville, Georgia
“Lipstick ona Pig”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed here for several weeks. My room was so dirty my socks turned black walking around the room. Worse than this was the Fly infestation and having to spray my room every single day to kill them all, having themland in my face, etc. The carpet in the hallway was so dirty that I actually thought about paying to have the hallway cleaned myself. Worse however was the morning I headed off to work and when I opened my door to head down the hallway, there was dog crap all the way down the hallway.

Cheap is Cheap, BUT NASTY IS NASTY and I would never stay here again....

Nasty....

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Owner at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
: Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Richmond - Midlothian . Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All our common areas and rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Avoid. Not terrible but I would avoid. I felt a little unsafe there. The location was convenient but the nearby Hyatt Pace would have been a better choice for a business woman traveling alone. It had friendly staff in the lobby as opposed to a weird lonely guy at the desk at the Homestead Studio Sites, and a nice breakfast, plus a selection of attractive, edible food available at any hour

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, September 6, 2012

I am grateful for this opportunity to respond to your remarks. Please believe that our hotel has a firm commitment to professional and warm guest service. We strive to teach our staff to be appropriate in both appearance, in addition to our hotels appearance. Clearly, there was a break down in our training in your situation, so I have brought your concerns directly to the attention of each of our employees so that we can prevent a recurrence of the incident you had.

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Rochester, NY
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hotel was in a convenient location for our needs. I would have gladly given a higher rating except our daughter had left behind an item in the room and after several calls, including one call which seemed they had the item, after two more calls on our behalf to follow up we were told they did not have the item. We found this VERY disappointing and upsetting since we know the item was left there. Unfortunately, they have lost any future business from us.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed here for one night while in the area for a lacrosse tournament. The room was neat, had a stovetop, fridge, sink and utensils. We were only there for one night and did not use any of that stuff. TV was fine, internet was good, you could pay for a faster speed but we were only there for one night and did not do that. Hotel had some cosmetic issues in the room and hallways. Staff was ok, when we got there at night, the night person was not there, just a sign saying they were out. Took about 5 min for somebody to show up but check in was fine. Morning person at check out was friendly. We left a sweatshirt in our room so we called the next day to see if it was there and have yet to hear back. That is my only complaint, but I did leave the shirt there. The area around the hotel is very quiet. We would stay here again if we were passing through.

Room Tip: Check your room for your belongings before you leave.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Richmond - Midlothian . It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Please accept our apology in regards to the return call about the lost and found item. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Second time I've stayed in a year. For a budget extended stay place, its not bad. Kitchen facility, reasonable work space, clean bathroom, comfortable bed at a low price. No need to compare to it's Hyatt neighbor at three times the price.

Some things could be improved. The free internet is "high speed lite". Forget it, just pay the $3/day surcharge for real high speed! The 60 watt CFL bulbs are a commendable "green" move, but they don't work for older eyes. At least a couple of them need to be 100 watt. My kitchen was also missing utensils and plates.

A nice touch are the hardwood floors in the kitchen and bathroom.

I tend to use suite hotels for the spaciousness. My first stay was in a larger room, and I assumed that all king rooms were the same. Apparently not so. You might inquire about specific room accommodations when you check in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Lawerence,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Richmond - Midlothian . Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our WiFi access. Extended Stay Hotels strives to provide a stable, high-speed Internet connection at every hotel. Our networks are designed to support normal internet use, such as email, basic web-surfing, and VPN connections. Although our guests typically enjoy quick uploads and downloads, speeds are variable and can be affected by guest activity, such as streaming video and music content and online gaming. Be assured that your comments are very valuable to us as we work with our Internet providers to create a reliable online experience for all of our guests.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I would Honestly say this is not a five star hotel, but a very enjoyable one, there is some minor cosmetic issues, but after talking with the GM, who I found to not only be very helpful but also very real, he stated they have plans to rentovate the hotel, and had Brand New Tvs coming in, and they just redid the carpets which look really good, the beds were very comfy, I did not discover any odd smells as stated in other reviews, I also found the staff to be very friendly and very helpful in guiding us through the area, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Richmond - Midlothian . Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This location was very clean and had lots of room in the rooms. Great Kitchen areas and most of all 2 large work stations for the traveling working person to get computer set up and work done. The staff was very helpful in every way and the location was wonderful. The value for my price was great and I set up my entire project crew members up here as well while we were working in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear James,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Richmond - Midlothian. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Hyatt Place Richmond / Arboretum
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St

Been to Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum? Share your experiences!