“Great for couples”

MOSAIC Restaurant Richmond
Reserve with OpenTable
MOSAIC Restaurant Richmond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cary Street Road
Description: Serving lunch and dinner daily as well as Sunday brunch. Full bar with extensive beer, specialty cocktail and wine list. Beautiful patio dining available when weather allows. Opened since 1994, our mission has been to effectively nourish body and soul while preserving the highest level of quality and value. The open kitchen and upscale atmosphere of eclectic world cuicine is designed to provide healthy fare in a casual, full service environment.
“Great for couples”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have eaten here perhaps 6-7 times and never a disappointment. Surprisingly it is very crowded at lunch time, appears to be a favorite for ladies, and especially groups of ladies. The menus provides many very different selections, with a wide variety of flavors. I don't recommend eating here if you are the type who wants to come out stuffed to the gills, but if you want portions that are just enough to "hit the spot", this will do it. For lunch try the unique fried green tomato BLT! The dinner menus is very good, the atmosphere is more quiet. Very nice bar, good drink selections, wait staff is very friendly. Not a place set up for children, though they would do fine here. The price is most reasonable. I recommend reservations!

“Ladies' lunch out”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Four of us ate here this week at the recommendation of a friend. Three of us selected the varied grilled cheese sandwiches. Only one slightly exclaimed. The other friend had the chicken noodle soup and half lamb pita. I can honestly say that none of us were overboard with enthusiasm about our meals. For a $9-$10 sandwich I would think they could have put a chip or two on the plate and maybe a pickle slice. Maybe I'm asking too much. You had to buy that separately. They seem to push wraps over all else but there are choices of focaccia and pita and wheat bread.

The atmosphere was nice and the waiter very attentive and pleasant. However, I would say it was a ho-hum kind of lunch. I would not race back there.

“Get back to basics”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've eaten lunch at Mosaic several times during the past year and it was great. However, when we took some out-of-town friends there last week, we were disappointed. The fried green tomato sandwich needs some work. My friend thought the kale salad was a little vinegary. And, whatever happened to the tried and true crab cake sandwich? Now it's on a pita. I used to have difficulty choosing an entree because so many things sounded good. This time, my choices were much more limited. The service was good and we had no complaints about the noise level.

Midlothian, Virginia
“A great Lunch stop”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This place has a very healthy menu selection, very reasonable prices and usually very good service. I've eaten there maybe 4 times in the last 2 years. Twice I had the salmon at the bar, and it was delicious. We took our neighbors one night for dinner before the U of R basketball game and had a great meal, plus within 3 minutes of the Robins Center.

• Visited February 2012
Dedham
“Great Vegetarian selections”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great daily specials, menu was progressive in displaying healthy choices and nutritional values. Wonderful ambiance and service, they offer true southern foods with a twist and great vegetarian dishes.

• Visited December 2012