“Far better than I expected for the price”

Airport Inn Motel Richmond
Ranked #52 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Greenville, North Carolina
“Far better than I expected for the price”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I chose this motel because I was looking for inexpensive, but decent. Every other inexpensive hotel/motel in Richmond has terrible reviews, and this motel only had one review, but it sounded legitimate, and they said the rooms were nice and clean. I didn't care about the breakfast, because if you're going to get a somewhat decent breakfast at a hotel, you need to be up over $75/night MINIMUM anyway, and I'd rather spend that extra $20 at a restaurant for a good breakfast.

Upon arriving, I asked for a single queen non-smoking, but they only had a king non-smoking left, so I took that. It was about $56 after tax. When I entered the room, I was very surprised at the cleanliness and quality of the room. I don't know if this room was recently renovated (I had room 114), but everything was clean, nothing looked worn out, the room had a pleasant smell (not scented, but also not musty or old-smelling). The carpet was clean, felt clean on my feet and looked fresh, all the furniture looked fresh, the bed was comfortable and the pillows were actually firm! The sink and bathroom were clean, nothing looked worn out. I didn't try the tv, but the wifi worked fine, the a/c worked great, and changed the temperature fast! The shower had great water pressure, and I didn't have any issues with temperature. There was not a single bug, dead or alive, to be seen anywhere, which is a big thing for me. I cannot comment on the breakfast, as I didn't even go see what they had. The man that helped me at the front desk was very helpful and courteous, and even allowed me to leave my motorcycle parked in front of the office for the day after I checked out, while I went into Richmond with a friend.

Overall, I'm VERY pleased with this motel, and I would stay here again. My two cents: save your money and stay here, use the money you saved to go get a good breakfast!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Moto_Guzzista

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We passed through for the evening an liked the "vintage" look of the hotel. Rooms nice, clean and within limits. Area good and close to airport though not in walking distance. The Continental breakfast consists of 5 or 6 packages of ill' Debbie doughnuts near the coffee pot so that's a joke, but other than that no complaints and price good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AKcharger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Quality Inn Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport

Been to Airport Inn Motel Richmond? Share your experiences!