“Best burger in Richmond”
Review of The Belvidere at Broad - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Belvidere at Broad
Cuisines: American
Description: Eclectic American dishes with world influences and a focus on fresh, natural and organic ingredients vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options Extensive wine & beer selection
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Yes... I have tried Can Can's burger. This one blows it away. So moist and juicy & served with any cheese you like & a side. And let me say that the 2 most amazing sides are grilled asparagus (grilled on the grill and tastes like bacon) and homemade pita bread. Yes - I said homemade pita bread. Pita bread is not a food I would ever recommend in a review. But truly, it is out of this world. You cant go to this restaurant and not try it. Other items of note: fish tacos (all my friends love them), shrimp entree (more like huge prawns), stuffed mushroom app, crispin hard cider is ON TAP, truly wonderful pinot grigio & mint chocolate martini. The only downside of this place is the location. But I think that is what keeps the crowds out & prices down. The burger + side is under $10. Pita is $1.

I have tried to go to other restaurants lately (Acacia, Zeus) but my palate keeps bringing me back here - it is just that good.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

The Belvidere is a nice restaurant, but not particularly memorable. The menu didn't wow me, in fact I had a hard time selecting because nothing jumped out at me. Ended up with the salmon and it was quite nice. Service was very good. All in all, you won't have a bad time here. I certainly won't have a problem coming back, but I'd sheepishly head to another location if given the choice. That sounds bad, doesn't it? But really, it's nice.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Five stars! Great service, food is phenomenal. You have to try!!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I decided to check out the Belvidere after reading countless praise on Yelp. The reviews were correct and although I opted for the crab cakes which were artfully presented (albeit a tad cool), my friends who ordered the burger said it was one of the best they've ever had. It has an eclectic feel that is distinctly Richmond. It's a sure bet!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My family and I went to Belvidere, looking for a simple place with character, and not one of the restaurant chains.
We tried a lot of dishes on the menu and EVERYTHING was delicious, simple, fresh. The service was impeccable. Music was a bit loud at first but when we asked to turn it down, they very nicely and immediately did it.
I would highly recommend the place for a different, affordable gourmet experience in Richmond.