“Hidden Gem in Richmond”

Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Goochland, Virginia, United States
“Hidden Gem in Richmond”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Some of the best home cookin southern food in the area. The menu is loaded with great choices like chicken, pork chops and meatloaf. I had the smothered pork chops w mac & cheese and green beans. Wonderful. 2 huge thick cut chops. Very well prepared and full of flavor. This is not the place to go if you are dieting but if you want a great southern sytle meal w excellent prices, this is the place! Hidden away on Clay St near the convention center. Friendly service. Nothing fancy about the place and not a place you will find many suburbanites but we will loved it and will return.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Mark G

“Awesome Food & Service”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I am absolutely delighted with my visit to this establishment. The customer service is the best and the food is delicious. I can't wait to eat there again....

• Visited June 2014
“What a Mouth Full!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Tasty food, large portions, great value, nice selection of both entrees and desserts. What can I say?? This place is off the charts!!

• Visited June 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Delicious !!! Delicious !!!!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I went to this resturant for the first time. The food was amazing . The portions are huge and surely enough for the next day. The service was great. The server was very attentive to your needs.the food was seasoned very well.The kicker was the hot warm towel for your hands what a good idea. My cousin is a regular she eat there all the time . I will definetly be back. Plus on a Friday night then wasn't a long wait.Brought my young son food home and he really enjoyed it and want to go back it was so good.Very nice people.

• Visited May 2014
RVA
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I tried this place because I bought a Living Social voucher. The wait for the food was slightest longer than anticipated, even though there weren't that many people in the restaurant at the time. In the end, the wait was well worth it!

I'm a vegetarian so much of their veggie side items were simmered in pork or turkey meat. That was unfortunate. However, I ended up opting for their mac and cheese. OH MY GOODNESS! Speechless! The mac and cheese was amazing! I still eat certain kinds of fish, so I ordered the blackened Tilapia. Yum! Well seasoned and piping hot! All the food was hot as if they make they food to order. Very pleased.

With the voucher added to the meal, I ended up paying 54 cents!! I wish I were kidding. Yes, that's correct. 54 CENTS!! At that price, I'll definitely will be returning. The portions are large enough to split the meal with two, and the prices (aside from the voucher) are actually quite reasonable. Service was decent, and the decor was average based on the fact it is considered a little "hole in the wall".

My only wish is that the restaurant was opened 7 days out of the week. If I'm not mistaken, the restaurant owners are preachers or something like that, so their hours are very "odd". It's like you need to catch them when you can. =/

Overall, I will be returning and bringing my mother along next time. =)

• Visited October 2013