“everything is good here”
Review of Secco Wine Bar

Secco Wine Bar
Ranked #183 of 1,620 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Now open in the Fan. Along with an extensive wine program we now offer a full bar, more seating and a patio. And Sunday Brunch is back. Cheers!
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We love this little place in our hometown. There just isn't anything bad on this menu and of course the wine (and beer selection) is great. There are small plates on the menu that are out of this world and we generally start with a few of those and keep ordering until we are full or have to go. It's a great place to pop in for a start to an evening or an end to an evening as well. You can really make a visit anything you want in terms of length. If you are having trouble picking a wine the waiters and bartender can be very helpful in making your choice - just explain what you like and they will have some very good advice. Likewise - you can try a number of different wines by the glass since all of their wine is available this way. They have a number of very healthy options - lots for vegetarians or gluten free folks - but let me just say that the fried blue cheese olives are absolutely to die for. I know they sound heavy - but they aren't. I literally find myself suggesting stopping by Secco when we've agreed to meet friends elsewhere later. The ONLY reason I can't give it a 5 - and this is a bit unfair since it's understandable what they are doing - is that if you aren't eating dinner they ask you to sit at the bar or the community table - which is great and offers a fantastic view of the bustling street in Carytown. This can be awkward for folks and comes as a bit of a shock when you first hear it if there are a number of empty two-top tables. However - it's a small place and they are saving these seats for diners. I'm fine with this now that I'm used to it - I want this place to thrive and stay awhile - so in order to do that they need folks eating dinner to be able to be seated. It's also a bit loud for me - but I feel a bit bah-humbug saying that since people having a great time is a noise we should all embrace. If you like wine and good food - please do yourself a favor and try this great place. It's well worth it.

There are newer reviews for Secco Wine Bar

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a wonderful lunch in this great place. They had lots of choices of wine and beer but the best part for a me was the salad I had. The chef made it to my request with scrambled egg whites on top and the dressing on the side. It was so fresh tasting and delicious! Great service from our server too.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife was out of town, so I decided to go out for some dinner and a few glasses of wine. I wanted to try something new so I went to Secco and sat at the bar. I had a five course tasting menu and paired different wines with the dishes. The food was creative and delicious and was appropriately portioned. The selection of wines by the glass was large, and the staff very knowledgeable and accommodative. This would be an excellent choice for "date night" as well as for dinner with friends who like to try different wines.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We enjoyed a great bottle of Bordeaux and a wonderful charcuterie during our Saturday afternoon outing. The food, wine, and service were wonderful and we are looking forward to returning soon. If you're looking for a great wine list and tasty food, as well as relaxation, this is a great place.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

After walking around Carytown we would up here to have a drink. The wine and beer selection was great! We then had some small plates for dinner and they were delicious! The avocado bruschetta, croquettes, and the ricotta were fantastic! I would highly recommend this place.