“Great way to wake up in Richmond!”

Urban Farmhouse Market and Cafe
Ranked #136 of 1,607 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: theurbanfarmhouse.cot
Arlington, Virginia
“Great way to wake up in Richmond!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Fresh food w/ local emphasis, down-to-earth, comfy and a coffee shop
feel to it. All this, a sunny
disposition and friendly staff made our intro to Richmond and it's historic Schockoe District a positive one.

The grilled/pressed breakfast egg sandwiches on nine-grain bread with VA bacon and havarti were perfectly crispy and not über-greasy (for those on the health-conscious side). The "market" side is petite but has plenty of culinary curiosities, local wine and snacks.

A great cafe. As someone who's driven by Richmond on I-295 countless times on trips down south, I now have a reason to take a little detour.

Linlithgow, United Kingdom
“Green and friendly”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great little place which does excellent breakfast and lunch combos. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Prices were very reasonable and the food much better than going to eat in a fast food chain or hotel.

ringwood hampshire uk
“Proper good food”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went for breakfast. Was really good. Well prepared food by people who care about food. Highly recommended for breakfast

Richmond, Virginia
“Ambiance and Location”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Sitting in a prime real estate corner of historic downtown Richmond, this locally owned cafe restaurant is my go-to place when I want a tasty meal or a not-too-guilty treat. The Q Blu chicken sandwich is my favorite, and their gluten-free selection from anna B's is yummy. They make a great milkshake for when I feel like an extra special treat. They are popular, and they do get crowded at times, and service will slow down with the crowds they get. But go during non-peak hours and you'll find it to be quaint, pleasant, and a nice laid-back taste of the Shockoe Slip.

Glen Allen, Virginia
“On to Arby's Instead”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

A friend and I decided to go to downtown Richmond for lunch for a change of venue. We both enjoy fresh, healthy food. This place was teeming with the trendy set and young folks. I ordered the tuna sandwich and my friend, the walnut pear salad. First of all, the price was outrageous--$10 for a small sandwich? My friend winced every time she took a bite. Overly tart dressing smothered the Mediterranean greens which quickly wilted from saturation. Walnuts seemed to dominate the ingredients of this salad. The pears were swimming at the bottom. My tuna appeared in small triangles of bland, generic looking wheat bread you buy at Dollar Tree alongside uneventful potato chips and a few carrot sticks covered in black pepper but nonetheless tasteless. The tuna was so dry. There were megachunks of celery hard to masticate and some sweet diced pickle in an attempt to add flavor. I was shocked when the waitress handed me a debit slip that include a section for a gratuity. What for? I returned to the counter for our food when my name was called. We then had to get up to fetch our own silverware and drinks. After that, we had to actually scrape the food off the plates into the garbage slot and then place the dirty plates into dishwasher bins positioned behind us on a counter in front view of all the customers. I couldn't help but think how unsanitary that was and why would they expect a gratuity. They should tip us for doing all the work. The décor was a visually overwhelming clutter of incongruous items that didn't resemble a farmhouse but a messy kitchen. I noticed all the customers around us did not finish their food either. Lousy food, Lacklustre ambience. The only treat was revisiting Shockhoe Bottom. Later my friend and I headed for Arby's in Short Pump where we enjoyed juicy, tasty all white-meat turkey burgers on 9-grain bun with generous portions of toppings. That was well worth the $5! We will not visit this overrated, overpriced establishment again.

• Visited September 2013