“Casual good food an coffee”

Urban Farmhouse Market and Cafe
Ranked #125 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Theurbanfarmhouse.cot
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped in twice for coffee on Sunday afternoon as we walked around Richmond. This place has a funky, comfortable vibe. It was very busy on Sunday, so we expected to fight for seats for Monday morning breakfast. Instead, like much of Richmond the second Monday of September, traffic was very light here.

I had iced coffee on Sunday. They give you the coffee over ice, and you can fix it to your taste. I like mine sweetened, and I was worried about the fact that sugar doesn't dissolve well in a cold liquid. Not a problem - Urban Farm offers up simple syrup. My husband ordered hot coffee, but he liked mine so much, he ordered iced when we went back a second time that day.

We had breakfast sandwiches and coffee the next morning - eggs, cheese, vegetables on bread with the sandwich made like a panini. Very tasty and filling - our early breakfast took us through to lunch at 2 pm.

This place is friendly, has lots of interesting quick and casual food and drinks, We'd definitely go back.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

After reading the reviews, I tried the Cafe twice during a recent trip. Yes, great location downtown, service very good but I didn't the two sandwiches I tried were very good. Small portions and high prices were a surprise. I had the BLT and a chicken sandwich - both were small with not much between the bread slices. What I had was tasty but still felt hungry. Also, they served chips which didn't seem so healthy (forgot to ask if there was a substitute). For what I paid, I was not satisfied.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Ate breakfast here every day, rather than at my hotel. Big choice and everything I ate was delicious, as were the smoothies. Relaxing feel to it, great for watching the world pass by!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Passing through while visiting the battlefields, cafe was recommended as a must stop for lunch. Local grown fresh food, salmon sandwhich and seaw(?) Chicken soup were amazing! Resonably priced. Will cominh again for lunch in future!

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Sunday brunch to live music. Delightful spot in historic district. Friendly staff and patrons. Family spot. Very nice nice of Southern hospitality.