“Love this place!”

Description: theurbanfarmhouse.cot
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Love this place!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I love to support restaurants that support local farmers and use fresh produce. This place does everything to a tee. The coffee is always hot and delicious and the service is always top notch. This past trip, I ordered the ham and havarti scramble that has those ingredients mixed with scrambled eggs, served with toast and orange slices. My wife had the egg and havarti sandwich with mixed fruit and loved it. Just a simple but filling breakfast that keeps you more full than what you would think. A great way to start the day. We also love the décor and the openness of the restaurant. Well done all the way around.

• Visited November 2012

“Waste of time and money.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Service poor. Scrambled eggs were dry and mixed with sausage, which i love, and i couldnt eat it, and i never throw food out! Food should have stayed on the farm. Got a sandwich to go - threw it out. Awful. Rip off.

1 Thank 2Lambchops
CT
“Potential to be good - needs to up its game with food.”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Charming light and airy seating area. It's the kind of place where you want to linger over food for a long time and order more. But that's the problem the food choice is tiny - besides soup there are 11 choices; 5 salads and 6 sandwiches. I'm a sandwich girl and none of them were appealing. I had the farmhouse fall salad and it was grim. I can only think the menu was created by an anorexic cruncher. It's just horrible. Place is popular for coffee which I don't drink so can't comment. Wish it had more. I've just finished Lunch and I'm starving.

Glen Allen, Virginia
“Very nice. Ideal location.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stumbled on it by chance as we were exploring the area. It is at the corner of a cul-de-sac (with a fountain at the center). The cafe' faces east Cary and has huge open sliding doors allowing fresh air and copius natural light in. The ambience is very eclectic. The floors are wood and choices many. Nice areas to sit inside and out. The menu is fresh and delicious. I tried the Thai Chicken soup. It was very tasty. The sandwiches we tried( Farmer, and tuna) didnot disappoint. The cappuccino was a tad bitter for my taste. Took my 3 year old to the rest room which was very nice, clean and neat. Would highly recommend to people if they have out of town guests as it sits at a perfect spot in the city on a stunning cobblestoned street. Two thumbs up!

• Visited October 2012
Troy, New York
“Great place to sit and have coffee”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Best pumpkin latte I've ever had. I would have liked to see more menu items. I had a Virginia ham breakfast sandwich that had real country ham on it; delicious, but I wish they had a few more thiings on their menu and were a little less pricey. Not really a market, though, more like a café with a handful of local jams and jelles, beer and wine, etc, for sale. Great atmosphere and free wifi.

Visited September 2012