No photo provided
Add it.
Ray's Italian Water Ice and Frozen Custard
Ranked #14 of 43 Dessert in Richmond
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The custard is wonderful-be creative and order a frozen one-so many to choose from. I had the chocolate custard with brownies and walnuts and it was incrediable!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We've been going to Rays for years and LOVE IT! The price points are good, the frozen custard is extremely delicious (& probably not diet-friendly) And portions generous! The shop is run by a family team... Husband, wife and son. Regrettably the husband is the least friendly - but I don't go there for him. His wife is much friendlier and willing to make special request accommodations. The son is the friendliest, and the kids all seem to think he's pretty cool. He too is willing to accommodate special requests, and happily makes suggestions. So many flavors, so many calories! ;)

Favorites: Grasshopper custard, Cookie Dough Ice Cream, Hot fudge sundae with bananas, and the "black & white" shake.

Good To Know: Ray's utilizes the new Square technology for credit cards, and even supports the Square Tab feature - very convenient if you forgot the wallet at home. Rays also has a very good rewards card for frequent customers.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've been coming here every summer since he opened up the stand, and every time I come he has a terrible attitude. I thought at first it was that he works alone most of the time, and he's usually pretty busy, but that's still no excuse to not be courteous to your customers. At first I thought it was me, but my husband feels the same way about his nasty attitude. His product is great, but his customer service SUCKS!! I won't be back next summer. I'll just go down the street to tropical smoothie.

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We have been coming here for years. The service is great, sweet treats are amazing, and portions are very generous. Last visit I had a chocolate dipped cone, yummy! The water ice is always great and so are the hand dipped custards. I love this place dearly!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Soooo good. I like getting the vanilla custard swirled with the mandrin water ice. Yum!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook