“Delicious, authentic Greek food”
Review of Greek On Cary

Greek On Cary
Ranked #109 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Opa! Welcome to Greek on Cary! At Greek On Cary we'll be bringing you homemade authentic Greek food to Richmond. We use only the freshest ingredients to provide our customers with amazing food. Come by and check out our famous Gyros! If you need a bite on the side, be sure to try out the Hummus, Falafel, and other Greek favorites all through the week. We have specials each week, so ask what it is we're dishing up this time! Whether you're with friends and family or you're just passing through for a quick bite to eat, Greek On Cary is sure to offer some of the best food here in Richmond. We're looking forward to you joining us soon!
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I dine at Basilis a few times a month, and have yet to be disappointed! We always order the mega lamb gyro, and it is mouth-wateringly delicious. The lamb is perfectly prepared, and the tzatiki sauce is makes it delectable. Moreover, the owner, who is frequently at the restaurant when we dine in, always stops by to say hello and see how the food is. We love the quality of the food, and feel very welcome with the service. We love this place!

1  Thank CynthiaJ760

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I brought his mom here for lunch one day and I've gotten take out since. She seemed to really enjoy it and everything we had was delicious. The pita was soft and warm, tzatziki sauce was tangy and their house made meat is nice and juicy. The only thing I would change is when assembling the sandwich put the meat on the bottom and lettuce on top of it. My lettuce had gotten soggy and mushy and I like a little bit of crunch. The baklava was good and they offer snack size which is all I ever need. The staff is always friendly and the service is super fast. My take out order was ready in less than 5 mins. Overall I think this a great place and I will be back for more.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Across From Cancan in Carrytown, we had the lunch special Chicken with portobello mushroom and fry artichoke for$9.99 each, lots of food for the price, you order and seat down and they will bring the food to your table but for the price you cant beat it and its fresh and fast.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

First impressions it looks like a mix between a take-away and coffee shop. You queue to order, pay and then sit down and they deliver it to your table. The owner is from Karpathos and certainly knows his stuff. The gyros (kebabs) are vast - I struggled to finish it as we had ordered a Greek Salad. My wife ordered Lemon Chicken and got three large pieces, both dishes served with fries.
The restaurant also has Mythos Greek beer, worth visiting the place for that only, a great change from the standard weak and gassy lager.
The two front of house lads (one a cook and the other on the till and table duty) were excellent, the place is spotlessly clean and the food is fresh and very tasty. Amazing that you can find a place like this in Carytown where there are plenty of posher and more poncy places to eat.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were walking around Carytown and just happened to pick Basili's. There were four in our party and everyone enjoyed their choices. I saw a sign that said the desserts were made in house so we got the baklava and cheesecake. They were both fantastic. I have eaten a lot of baklava and theirs was about the best I have tasted. Thanks Basili's for taking the time and effort to make homemade desserts!

1  Thank Happy-in-VA