“Authentic!”
Review of Greek On Cary

Greek On Cary
Ranked #127 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Opa! Welcome to Greek on Cary! At Greek On Cary we'll be bringing you homemade authentic Greek food to Richmond. We use only the freshest ingredients to provide our customers with amazing food. Come by and check out our famous Gyros! If you need a bite on the side, be sure to try out the Hummus, Falafel, and other Greek favorites all through the week. We have specials each week, so ask what it is we're dishing up this time! Whether you're with friends and family or you're just passing through for a quick bite to eat, Greek On Cary is sure to offer some of the best food here in Richmond. We're looking forward to you joining us soon!
Southern Pines, NC
“Authentic!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Best lamb gyro ever! And what do you know, fried artichoke hearts? So good! You have to try their homemade desserts. It isn't a fancy place, but who cares, they put all there love and energy in the food!

Visited July 2012

Midlothian, Virginia
“great greek food at food court prices”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Basili's is a great stop in Carytown. Food is ordered at the counter and brought in a timely manner to the table. My favorite is spanakopita which is on the appetizer list. It is full of flavor and is a good lunch for me accompanied with mini baklava. I have also enjoyed pastitsio there. My teens and husbands enjoy Basili's, as well.

• Visited June 2012
“Thank God for George”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Basili's was just a so-so Gryo place before. Now that George, formerly of Greek 4 You in the West End, has taken the helm...what a different story!

We need to support this little nook in Carytown. It's like the original Greek 4 You that George opened: simple menu with delicious Greek food, wonderful pastries. It's short on atmosphere, for now, but with reasonably priced food at half what you'd pay at a sit-down place, who cares?

My lamb kebab was tender, well marinaded, and served with a good portion of rice and amazing green beans. My wife's crab cake was also superb, as were our cups of agvolemono soup. Don't miss that soup!

Cannot wait to go back for the salads.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank OlVirginny
“Must try the Mahi Gyro”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have been here several times and it has always been good and reasonable, but this time I tried one of the specials which was a Mahi Gyro. It was a traditional Gyro only it was made with a generous portion of Grilled Mahi. I took 1 bite and was in heavan. I am a big fan of Gyros and Fish sandwiches in general, but had never thought about combining the two. Basilis has found a winner with this special. They also serve a very generous portion of fries with the combo and season them with some kind of Greek spices.

• Visited December 2011
“YUM”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I often stop in here for a chicken souvlaki sandwich. Today when I went in one of the people working there suggested I try the special which was an open face sandwich on pita which consisted of a very tasty chicken breast topped with tzasiki sauce and onions and tomatoes and there was a side of artichoke hearts. All I can say is YUMMMMM. Go there today. The staff is super friendly and the food is always delish.

• Visited November 2011