“Good Spot for Richmond But VPN Pizza Doesn't Compare to Two Amy's”
Review of Stuzzi

Stuzzi
Reserve with OpenTable
Stuzzi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #342 of 1,638 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I'd say the reviews here are a good representation of the restaurant, although most reviewers don't seem to follow that the pizza here is more expensive because it is genuine Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN). It is definitely worth trying if you've not had the real deal - VPN pizza as enjoyed in Italy and as it was meant to be! But if you're already accustomed to great VPN pizza from its neighbor the north - Washington DC's Two Amy's - you'll be disappointed.

When I called to ask about the loud music mentioned in the reviews, the owner said his competitors posted the reviews about loud music! Ha! Fortunately we had very nice service from the waitresses.

The veal was truly excellent. The rest was good, but not stellar, like Two Amy's.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Reservations for 7. We were finally seated close to 8. Our waitress actually rolled her eyes at us, when asked for two separate checks. When our food finally arrived, 4 of the 5 dishes were served, thinking the last would be a few minutes ... The table waited and waited and waited, after close to ten minutes, our daughter spoke with the manager and owner, while he attempted to make things right, his attempts failed. The food was very good ... The service will be the demise of this restaurant.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stuzzi is a very small restaurant. Service is good and prompt.Recommend getting there early to avoid the crowd. We ordered appetizers calamari and the seasoned olives which were good. For dinner had the linguinie with clam sauce which was very good. My husband and son ordered the all meat pizza which they were happy with. We had a nice bottle of wine recommended by the waitress. We ordered profiteroles for dessert which were not good. They had a heavy chocolate syrup and the filling was whipped cream with no flavor. It tasted heavy not a delicate light pastry with a custard filling as I was used to. We could not finish the dessert.

1  Thank MagVeg
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were driving through Carytown during a Richmond weekend getaway where we noticed a sign that said 5th best chef out of 100,000 according to Gordon Ramsey. Since they actually had a parking in front of the restaurant on a perfect Saturday afternoon we gave it a shot. First, the menu has a variety of pizza and sandwich offerings that are cooked in a compact brick pizza oven. Everything on the menu is made on the premises including their mozzarella, Italian sausage, pizza crust, and an herb garden. Stuzzi also has a small, well priced wine list focusing on good value Italian wines. I ordered the Italian sausage pizza. It was excellent. The thin crust was perfect--crispy on the outside, chewy and with a hint of sweetness. It's probably the best crust I've tasted in the Richmond/Tidewater area (including my own!). The pizza also came with home made sweet Italian sausage, a little too much fennel for my taste and a house made tomato sauce from San Marzano tomatoes. So the focus is truly on quality ingredients. The pizza was well priced at $13.00 and it went quite nicely with a glass of Vin Nobile Montepulciano. My wife had the cherry tomato and buffalo mozzarella pizza. Her's too was good; however, the juice from the cherry tomatoes made the crust a little soggy. With her pizza she had a glass of Neapolitan red table wine that she enjoyed. The service was superb and I would say this is a place worth seeking out since everything is made from scratch.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

First trip to Stuzzi's was outstanding! Their pizza easily is the best tasting I've had in Richmond or anywhere else. The menu is creative and very interesting, with a perfect combo of traditional and new ideas. The ingredient in the pizza were fresh and tasted wonderful. The only thing I could possibly suggest to improve the menu would have been a nice selection of fruit juice drinks. The décor is amazingly well suited for everything from family outings to dates, to just hanging out with friends any time day or night (how many places do you know that can pull that off?!). The service is also second to none. The wait staff clearly goes out of their way to be friendly and knowledgeable. The prices are perfectly in line and more than competitive with chains or local businesses. I had a great experience and will be going back many times.

1  Thank cbayfishing