“My favorite restaurant in Richmond”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed February 24, 2012

When it comes to Restaurants near the VCU campus, this is far and away my favorite (and there are several great ones to choose from)

Get the nachos for you appetizer. Then get the bird and bean sandwich. Or get a pizza. These are all spectacular.

The service is great too. Once I went and asked for a lemonade, which they don't have. So the bartender made one with soda water and lemons. It was the best lemonade I've ever had.

I go here everytime I'm in Richmond.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

One night we saw a man out side chopping wood for a wood fire grill, we decided we had to go there for lunch! We went during brunch on a Saturday and sat at the bar. The bartender was really friendly and the atmosphere is really cool. We didn't realize that its owned by the same people as Mezzanine in Carytown, so you know its all local, fresh, and wonderful! Its a scaled down Mezzanine perfect for a few drinks and really good bar food. Best sandwich I have had in a while, although I can't remember the name! The bartender said the menu would be expanding in the near future, so by early fall we will have a new favorite place for dinner! Also great veggie and vegan options!

1  Thank loveitlocal

Been to Belly Timber Tavern? Share your experiences!