“Great brunch menu as well!”
Review of The Black Sheep - CLOSED

The Black Sheep
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I went with a group of 4 for Sunday brunch. I got the Bayou Breakfast which consisted of Andouille sausage over cheesy grits and fried catfish with crawfish hollandaise sauce over 2 eggs and I loved it. Another meals at the table was the black bean chili with the jalapeno corn cake (the beans were a little undercooked; and if you don't like spicy, the corn cake is not spicy). Finally, someone else got the French Toast with pear and onion which was surprisingly good.

The service was quick and the staff very friendly. The Black Sheep is very busy and has little seating so get there early or be prepared to wait.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

A full baguette loaded with some great, fresh toppings, and cooked to perfection. There sandwiches are really unique , you have to try one. With a full size sandwich split between two of us there were still left overs!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Food is as good as "seen on tv". A little pricy but an overall great experience and a must stop. Note* you may have to walk around a block or two to get to the place. Parking can be tricky.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Food was terrible I had to send it back which caused the staff to pass dirty looks. We will not be back

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I had the "Green eggs and lamb" - a spinach frittata with lamb sausage on top. It was good, but nothing exceptional. Nothing on the menu really excited me. Many of the dishes had fish - trout, salmon, etc - which just does not sound appetizing for breakfast. Perhaps that's just me.
My wife had the duck hash with eggs. Eggs were ordered over medium, but they came out over easy. She wanted poached eggs, but that is not available. The sweet potato mixed in overwhelmed the flavor of the duck.
The place is small, the seats are uncomfortable.
Service is above average.
I will probably go back to get a couple battleships take out for dinner some time, but as for brunch, I'll pass.