“Best Indian in Richmond”
Review of Lehja

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located inside the Town Center underneath Hotel Hyatt House
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've been hearing about Lehja for quite a while, and it took too long to get here. But was it ever worth the time. Great interior design and decor, great service (including very personal service from the manager -- "here, if you like that, let me get you a taste of something else we make, you might like it next time") but most of all, delicious, surprisingly light Indian food. There is so much to explore on this menu, and I fully intend on repeat visits to continue learning about this place. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Went with some friends during restaurant week; the food was well prepared, and the service was good. I asked for the hottest spice level on my food, but instead got NO spicyness whatsoever. Disappointing, since I wanted to see how hot they prepare their food, but otherwise, no complaints.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was truly a great lunch experience for me. I'm not very familiar with Indian food so I asked our very accommodating waiter for a recommendation and my meal was absolutely delicious. The only complaint I had with the lentil soup was that there wasn't more. It was so good that I could have happily made an entire meal of it. The lamb dish that I was served (mildly spicy) and served with rice on the side was just perfect. Fresh naan bread rounded things off well. I was extremely surprised that this gem of a restaurant wasn't packed. I will certainly be back the next time I'm in Richmond.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Best Indian restaurant in Richmond and one of the best I have visited in the States - on par with excellent restaurants in India. Great food, excellent service. A go-to place for out of town visitors

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Absolutely love this place! I've eaten here three times and each time is better than the last. Foodis great as is the service. It is made even better by all the shopping whic is in walking distance. Do some walking or window shopping to build an appetite and stop in here for a great meal.

My Indian preferences are pretty standard - chicken tikka masala, naan and raita. It's great here.