“Great fun! Great actors!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mystery Dinner Playhouse - Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: Audience member solve a comedy murder mystery while enjoying a four course dinner. The dinner is served by a zany cast of characters who all the while are providing clues to help you solve the evening's crime. You guess whodunit!
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We had never done this before and so were a little skeptical at first. We drove to the Crowne Plaza and easily found where the dinner was. The do offer a $4 off coupon on their website and also Living Social has very good discounts. The food was about what we have come to expect from 'dinner theatre's", buit the chicken was very tasty. Personally I would stay away from the beef. The show was very well run and trying to solve the mystery was a lot of fun. My wife, daughter, and I all solved the mystery by the end of the night. From the looks of the votes they collected, about 1/3 of those in attendance were able to figure it out. They did have a "prize" if your correct ballot was selected! Don't forget to take extra tip for tip. At the time they were suggesting $7 per patron. It was a lot of fun and we will definitely do it again, probably in Va. Beach next.

1  Thank Chuck F
There are newer reviews for Mystery Dinner Playhouse - Richmond

Reviewed March 5, 2011

I've wanted to attend a Mystery Dinner Theater for quite some time. This was a huge disappointment. The event took place in the institutional-like, unadorned banquet room of a low-budget hotel. The acting was terrible, the story was lame, the food was barely edible. I couldn't wait for it to end, and had I not been with a group, would have walked out early on. The evening finally came to an end, with self-serve coffee in styrofoam cups, powdered creamer, and a solicitation for tips. I would discourage anyone from attending.

2  Thank turtlemom5200
Reviewed January 16, 2011

A group of us went to a dinner/show last weekend and found the whole event disappointing. First, it's not really a show and more of actors walking around the tables yelling lines at each other - and like the last reviewer said, they don't involve the audience and even make comments if someone is chatting while they're talking (which they do for 15-20 minutes at a time). Then they break to serve dinner, which is spaced out after 8 PM and is one terrible course after another. The only plus was that there's a bar open on one end of the restaurant so be prepared so spend some money there. Overall for ~$100/person we would have much preferred a nice dinner out instead of eating bad chicken with actors screaming in my ear.

1  Thank marygreene
Reviewed April 27, 2010

the show was very good. had fun watching it but they could include the audience more. the food was not as good but could live with it. my children had a blast watching the show. love the actors. i would recommend it to someone else.

Reviewed April 24, 2010

Me and my husband have been to 4 mystery dinners and have never been disappointed with the food or the mystery plot. I go there to celebrate my birthday. The actors and actresses are superb. I am an avid mystery book reader and enjoy the Mystery Dinner Playhouse but I can never solve the crime because the plots are written so good. It is a good place to go to celebrate birthday, anniversary, etc. Lots of fun, good laughs and good food!!!