“Good eats!”

Lamplighter Roasting Comany
Ranked #1 of 34 Coffee & Tea in Richmond
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stumbled upon this place after leaving Maymont. It was a terrific find. My dughter and I ordered the Goat herder's daughter it was very tasty, my son ordered the buffalo 66, he too, enjoyed his sandwich. The person who took our order "Stacy" was freindly and helpful. She offered to customize my drink since many (maybe all) of their softdrinks are home made. the sides were great too. We ordered collards and kale -tasty, fruit salad - sweet but tasty; and cheesy grits - my son liked them. Several are vegetarian dishes but meat is served as well. There are vegan and gluten free options available. The bathroom was clean - which means a lot to me. This is a hip hidden gem in a local neighborhood. I recommend you try it at least once. Very informal setting with seating outside and in.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

These people are serious about coffee, and they have a very fun eclectic menu for food. Specials every day. I have been several times now, and I've never been disappointed. Yum.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We ate lunch here on a warm afternoon. The outdoor seating was full but we were able to find a table inside. There is not much seating. The menu has many vegetarian and vegan options. The tempeh sandwich was outstanding. The coffee drinks were worth the trip alone. We were possibly the only ones in the place over 50, but the staff was friendly and helpful. Creative food and a fun atmosphere. This would also be a good place to get to-go food for a picnic.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My coworker took me to Lamplighter for a lunch meeting. It is a great gem nestled away in a residential neighborhood in Richmond. Its off the beaten path and is small. I had the Alan Palmer - San Pelligrino Lemonata and Iced tea - I highly recommend it! Also love their sandwiches. Great fresh homemade bread. It is worth the wait!

It is a small place with limited indoor seating, they also have outdoor seating.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is a laid back outside & inside eating and coffee house, breakfast lunch stop...
Bring your dogs, bring your kids or just bring yourself this place is wonderful...
Lots of great food including vegetarian and vegan options...
And the coffee, is the best