“Great Stay, Great Staff”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was booked for a week there at the Hilton Short Pump and I couldn't have been happier with my treatment. The staff were consistently happy, polite and they seemed to have a sincere desire to ensure that my stay was pleasant. My stay was quite, the rooms and the facilities in general were exceptionally clean.

Room Tip: The higher in the hotel the better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Dave C
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Dave C,

What a wonderful review you wrote about my staff and thank you for the kind words you had to say. The Team at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa works extremely hard to earn your endorsements. I am sure they will be thrilled to see their efforts recognized.

I see that you are from Louisiana - I sure hope your travel plans bring you back to Richmond and Hilton Short Pump. We would love to have you stay with us again and allow us to make new memories..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We have just enjoyed 2 excellent Hiltons, in Ras UAE, and Charlottesville, VA. So our expectation for this brand new Hilton was high. It does possess an excellent large hot tub in a pleasant swimming pool area. But the Executive Lounge was most disappointing. Booze was charged for as opposed to being free in Doubletree CHO,, the evening hot item was inedible, with no choice, the breakfast had no eggs of any variety (how can it be breakfast without an egg?). The wifi was efficient, and the room comfortable. We feel sorry for the folk living in the shadow of this 8 storey Stalinist building whose swimming pool sunshine is blocked by the ugly hotel. And the room rate was twice the DTCHO!! It was convenient for 288, and Lewis Ginter Gardens, but we shall try another Hilton in area next visit to Richmond.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gwgMimsFlorida

Dear GwgMimsFlorida,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. Although, I am pleased to learn that you found our location convenient which is certainly an aspect we like to brag about, I am very disappointed that we failed to make you a fan of the newest, 4-Star 4-Diamond Hilton in Richmond. I assure you that I have taken notes from your recap and would be addressing them with my entire team.
Thank you again for your candor and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further at your convenience. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at 804-364-3600.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This hotel has a courteous and helpful staff that always make me feel at home when I stay at this Hilton. I stay here every time I am in Richmond and I enjoy the location and amenities as well. The only thing I would reccomend is not getting the continental breakfast as it is only one muffin or pastry.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Karl D

Dear Karl D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your appreciation of all that the hotel has to offer. Our Staff and Location are certainly two key features of the hotel that most of our guests appreciate. I am sorry that our Continental Breakfast layout did not leave the best impressions in your mind. Please rest assured we are looking in to it to improve the overall experiences of our future guests. We hope that you will continue to make Hilton your home in Richmond and wherever your travels should take you.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We chose the Hilton due to the closeness to the Wedding Reception. My wife and Daughter had met the Hilton Staff at a Bridal Show. After talking with the Hilton, reviewing the rooms. We selected the Hilton Hotel & Spa at Short Pump. They also had a shuttle service to let guests retrieve their cars from the reception as we provided a limo bus from the reception to the Hilton. Excellent service from everyone at the Hilton.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Dennis C

Dear Dennis C,

We are proud to be the host of choice for your daughter's wedding. We are thrilled to be part of the celebrations and the fact that you enjoyed your stay. Our Staff has enjoyed some very stellar reviews for their top notch service. Glad you agree! We thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I recently traveled to short pump, I like this area for the restuarants and nightlife , very convenient to the mall and town center. The suite was very large , very comfortable, bathroom, bed, wardrobe space, robes, slippers, complimentary goodies, everything very good. The staff were extremely discrete and highly professional, the breakfast superb, The staff made my stay unforgetable, I'm still smiling

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank melissa h
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Melissa h,

Your comments about our "awesome location, superior accommodations, great service and excellent food" are truly the highest compliments we could receive and beyond doubt, defines the qualities upon which The Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa thrives.

We are proud you chose to stay with us and the fact that we could make you smile is ALL that matters to us. We will leave no stone unturned to make it happen over and over again! Come back and see us soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

was very displeased in service - NOt what you would expect in a hilton hotel - The staff was over whelmed with the conferece a payed little attention to the regular hotel people- the snack bar was complete sold out of stuff - there was no parking in the facility except for a gravel lot that was not secured.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Edward M
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is luxury hotel with an attentive and welcoming staff. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We booked this hotel at the last minute -only a few hours before we arrived. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. There were not mistakes or disappointments. We liked it so much that we planned to return to the area just to stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are well appointed and clean.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mia B

Dear Mia B,

Thank you taking the time to share great feedback from your stay on TripAdvisor. You truly experienced the beauty, charm and genuine warmth of the Hilton hospitality.

The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa strives for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am glad you noticed their efforts. Thank you again for your kind words of recommendation and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Richmond.