“Great Location and very nice....”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Great Location and very nice....”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Really enjoyed our visit at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa in Short Pump, VA. Rooms were clean and bedding was very comfortable. Great location for shopping, dining and visiting the area. Will definitely recommend it to my family and friends!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ginger O
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Ginger O,

Greetings from Richmond, VA!

Thank you for taking the time and sharing how much you enjoyed the location of our hotel in the much sought after Short Pump shopping district. I am glad you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. You have my sincere gratitude for your endorsements and I look forward to welcoming you soon should your travels bring you back to Richmond.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights Oct.17-20. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, and very close to shops and restaurants. Check-in was swift and view from room was pleasant. We will definitely stay here again! We would definitely recommend Portico restaurant! Its was delicious and has a beautiful garden to eat outside. Also, my family did a Segway tour of the city! Awesome!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RJTCR
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear RJTCR

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I appreciate your positive notes about the hotel’s location and cleanliness.

The Team at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa works extremely hard to maintain our 4-Star 4-Diamond status. I am also pleased that your Check-In experience was a good one.

I will most definitely share your recognition with our team and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
King George, Virginia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

One of the best Hiltons that I've been in, and I've been in a few (multiple year Hilton Diamond Member). Front desk manager was awesome (a German lady, but I forget her name), great breakfast, and every part of the hotel looks great!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kellerea
Dear Kellerea,

I am quite humbled to see your lovely note and more importantly so that it comes from our Best Guests, You!

As our Diamond member, we know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and to earn such “GREAT” endorsements is truly gratifying. I just wish ever review would have such words that my Team associates with.

I am particularly pleased with your choice of words for Henrietta, our Front Desk Manager. Hailing from Hungary, her talents are indeed “AWESOME”! I’m certain she will be very pleased to have your recognition.

Thank you again for taking your valuable time to adding such wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
Henrico (Richmond, VA), United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with a wedding party. Generally more expensive than I was expecting, but all around very nice. The beds were amazing. My only comment against the facilities is that the fitness room was tiny and over crowded an the pool was too small and shallow to swim laps.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Aaron I
Dear Aaron I,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I apologize that our pool and fitness center did not exceed your expectations. Will definitely use your comments to enhance the experience of our future guests. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers.
Chicago
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Beautiful decor. Dark woods and steel accents. But who stays at a hotel for the eye candy?
Check in was swift though I had to ask for directions to the elevator. No bellman, so luggage tote was left up to me.
I had dinner at Shula's bar. Excellent but $$$. $80 for one with tip and wine. Room service is also an option.
All floors require room key to operate elevator.
Very heavy door to the room. Though I imagine this is helpful with sound containment, it can throw you off balance a bit if caught off guard. My view was of the roof, but that was really no biggie. That said, my room was pretty much what you would expect from the Hilton. Large comfy bed, flat screen TV, separate chair & ottoman and the surprise of a more ergonomic "work" chair. Free wifi which was speedy enough though you have to use the exact name on your HHonors to logon.
Bathroom has large counter space with hair dryer not attached to the wall. Nice. Water in the sink took a bit of time to warm, but I was on the 5th floor. Lighted magnifier vanity mirror was nice. Towels are HUGE. Toiletries are upscale. Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower cap, two types of bar soap. No mouthwash, shoe mitt or sewing kit. An offer card on the vanity to purchase even more upscale toiletries from the Spa. Shower head was huge "rain" type. Nice pressure. Hot water as I prefer.
I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat - but that doesn't mean there weren't some shortcomings.
There was some type of evening reception that I wasn't informed about at check in. Not sure if it's a Hilton offering or it was for my work group. Nonetheless, I didn't hear about it until the next day at class.
Nice layout for my laptop and I mentioned the ergo chair but I couldn't find a piece of note paper, stationery or pen in the room.
The only wall switch for the room takes care of the light at the entry door. Every other light is a manual switch. Not great if you have to stumble about in the dark until you locate the switch. Probably a green initiative, but not great when you don't know what you're walking into.
Room safe is on the upper shelf in the closet. Not all that easy to use when it's a foot above your head.
There is no tub, but tub sized walk in shower. Clearance for the toilet, shower door and access door is very close/cramped. Door opens from the center of the shower space but the toilet is right there. Shower door did not close firmly and so I had water on the floor each time.
The hotel shuttle will take you to places local, but again this wasn't mentioned to me by the hotel staff.

1 Thank Kismgby
Dear Kismgby,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. It gives my Team great pride in knowing that we could turn your “stay” in to a “mini-staycation”! I truly admire your candid feedback as it not only highlights the many great aspects of our hotel but also the many opportunities that we missed in making your stay a “perfect 5”.

Hilton as a brand envisions to “fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” and with that comes great responsibility. The very first being the sustainability of our loving planet and the thriving communities around us. We are proud to be the first hotel in Virginia and the first few in the country to be built around the most up-to-date fire and safety codes. We are also an active member of the Virginia Green initiatives from the day we opened our doors and in fact, are the role models for several upcoming businesses. Therefore, we had to consider a long list of restrictions to be committed to those initiatives when it comes to the structure and design of the property as well as the amenities that we proudly offer our guests.

That being said, I also recognize the inconsistencies you experienced with Staff services during your stay and you have my sincerest apologies. Your comments have guided me to identify the areas of training that we need to revisit and I am confident, knowing my Team that we will rise to the occasion once more should your travels bring you back to Richmond.

Meanwhile, feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me personally if you would like to discuss your visit further.
Narrows, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great conference center and location. Located near great golf course Sycamore Creek. Shopping centers all around area with easy access. Right of I 64 easy to find. Clean rooms, great service, excellent food. Nice to be outside of Richmond but close enough if you want to go into the City. Would Highly recommend staying. Hope I have future conferences here.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank David S
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear David S,

Your comments about our "awesome location, clean rooms, great service and excellent food" are truly the highest compliments we could receive and beyond doubt, defines the qualities upon which The Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa thrives.

We are proud to have been the host of choice for your conference and hope to continue this relationship in future. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your insights with fellow travelers and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
Virginia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel is relatively new with nice room. One shortcoming compare with other Hiltons is lack of executive lounge. Without any upgrade at checking in bring a small bit of disappointment. Everything else works out fine.

1 Thank ahu98
Dear Ahu98,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We are very disappointed that your experience was less than a perfect ‘5’.

We strive for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and Executive Lounge is just one of the many amenities that we offer to our guests to make their stay not only comfortable but memorable as well. Our Front Desk team makes every effort to upgrade our guests when there is availability.

We certainly will use your constructive comments as guidance in improving the overall experiences for future guests and hope that you will be among those that return soon.

Meanwhile, if you would like to discuss your stay with us, feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me personally.