“Best bed in town”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel for business travel. The beds and pillows in particular are well above the quality for similarly priced hotels. Suggest you park underneath the hotel for easy access and cover. Executive lounge is well stocked. Only downside is only one restuarant and its expensive and pretty narrow in options.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Beltway_Hater

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here many times and will always stay here when coming to Richmond. Love the executive floor and lounge. Love the Buffett. Love the service. Easy to check in and out. Great location. Never had a bad experience here very reliable.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank kecompel
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here for 10 days for business trip in September. The hotel is very close to the Short Pump mall and is pretty easy to find just off West Broad st with easy access to the main highways. The welcome was very nice and professional and every day when you leave the hotel and return you get a very nice greeting.

The room itself was very nice, well furnished and decorated and very clean. The maid service was great and the daily room clean was great. The restaurant in the hotel was a bit expensive for that area. Great for steaks and so on but there are better options close by which were much cheaper. I only had the hotel breakfast one day and overall I would say it was good and pretty decent value for what you get.

The fitness facilities were ok, not a huge amount of equipment but to be honest it was pretty empty most of the time so it was never an issue. The pool was pretty small. It did have a spa there but I went in a couple of times and I never saw anybody there, so didn't get to try the service.

The one thing I absolutely loved about the hotel were the beds! One of the comfiest hotel beds I have ever stayed in and so it was a great place to stay for that reason.

So overall a good hotel in a convenient location.

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed one night recently at this hotel. Nice place, friendly staff upon arrival. Booked into room 703 and upon entering the room was overwhelmed with the stench of old cigarette smoke. Disgusting. It permeated everything in the room and was simply overbearing.

I went to the front desk to ask for a room change, they didn't comply due to being "full." Not sure how truthful that was, not a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 701-703 (and I believe similarly numbered room on different floors [#01-#03]) if...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonRichmond, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here overnight in August during a business trip. Check-in was fast and the staff was very customer service focused. The room was spotless with a nice chair/ottoman, large flat screen TV, and a king size extremely comfortable bed. The manager even called to make sure all was ok and to see if I needed a wakeup call. The most amazing part was the wakeup call actually occurred which is extremely rare. Breakfast in the restaurant the next morning was also outstanding! Great stay and will definitely be back for my next stay in Richmond.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ROATravel
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was excited to stay at this well-reviewed hotel, and was even ready to pony up the $50 pet fee without complaint, but ended up being a little disappointed. I think this is the first really critical feedback I have given.
We showed up late on a Friday, checked in, and then went to the bar. A bunch of wedding guests were there, and the bar tender was a little... distracted. We were happy to learn that yes, the kitchen was still open; when we ordered 10 minutes later, the kitchen was apparently closed. No worries. We went to upstairs to order room service. The late-night pickings are slim, but we were ok with two $11 BLTs. The lady only brought one so I explained mix up. She brought me another ice-cold BLT pretty quickly, but the second $3 "delivery fee" did chap my cheeks.
I found a necklace and some pill wrappings in the bathroom.
The "Starbucks experience" means a wait in line if you would just like a granola bar.
Overall, the facility looked nice, had a large enough pool, a well-planned bathroom, and had a weight room with good cardio machines. The beds are comfortable and I found that the room was quiet and that the curtains made the room quite dark.
Honestly, I will probably stay here again because they take dogs, and it is close to some relatives. My advice for now, though, consider eating/drinking at some of the nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HiltonRichmond, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the challenges you had with the late night order. I will certainly use your feedback as a training tool for my team to ensure that all of our guests receive outstanding service.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss your stay more thoroughly as I take all feedback very seriously.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great experiences here in good old SP. New hotel, new shopping area just next door, and this facility is right there.

Shula's is fantastic and you get what you pay for, so to speak, then the spa was very nice, clean, had a deep tissue 1-1/2 hour massage. First Class operation all around.
The facilities are all brand new, the parking is super-convenient, and the rooms and meeting space were all top-notch.
Would stay there as much as possible if given a choice.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank WhiskeyBeerFood

Wow! What a great compliment! Thank you so much for your kind words and praise about our hotel. We are very proud of the service that we provide and hearing your feedback is very appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.